ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - feedback
competition: votings
page: 1 2
spinesheath
Which will lead to rivalry, envy, and feelings of unfairness.
Don't get me wrong, I also don't like strangers to be allowed to vote, but selecting the right persons that are allowed to vote or have more influence is a hard task...
2006, 09, 16 12:23
flothefreak
it is not about _excluding certain people_.
it is about chosing people that HAVE PROVEN AT LEAST SOME SKILL IN MAPMAKING/COMMENTING/HELPING/PLAYING. i dont want this "right to vote" on all users, and after that exclude some. none shall have it, but whenever a person shows ambition, gives comments, reveals understanding of what is important in mapmaking, etc etc etc, then one of the admins can give the voting rights to this person.
and that'll be easier as it sounds.
2006, 09, 16 12:29
KorvspaD
Can start of by making pple unable to change thier votes, However you do it right now it will all end up with a bunch of pple changing thier votes to counter a map they don't like. Which was exactly what I wanted to show by voting on desert flower. The best way would be if only the admins saw the actuall score and who voted what.
2006, 09, 16 14:43
spinesheath
And I switched to counter desert flower :p Not being able to see the score before the end of the voting phase certainly would make it fairer...
But this will only work if there are more serious voters than submitted maps...
2006, 09, 16 22:03
KorvspaD
yep therefor the maps will also be decided by the admins, I'd say a maximum of 10 maps in the vote each week.
2006, 09, 16 22:41
spinesheath
No good idea imo...
2006, 09, 16 23:17
panschk[FP]
the voting system is a tool that you can use so that you do not need to count. Nowhere it says that the result from the poll decides the motw automatically.

desert flower as motw would really be a shame though, I'm voting illusion to prevent that..
2006, 09, 16 23:31
Nasty
i think as admins, we should limit the amount of maps in MOTW comps.. and also choose to eliminate maps we feel arent up to quality. I think it is a must that we start do that.

LGI already demonstrated this earlier; i think this is the right thing to do... and by no means is it personal.
2006, 09, 16 23:56
spinesheath
A certain map limit is bad imo. What will you do when we suddenly got 50 skilled active mappers online? :p
Something like 1 map per author would be a possibility, but that's not the right way either... What if I want to suggest a map I didn't create but the author already has one submitted...

Deleting obviously non-MotW maps is ok imo, though... At least if the number of submissions contiues to be so high.
2006, 09, 17 00:38
KorvspaD
Well if we suddently get 50 active mappers we'll change the system again. I'd like if everyone had 3 points to submit each week. People could put all 3 on one map or spread em anyway they want.
2006, 09, 17 00:49
5pool
hm, to combine some factors:

- refuse admittance of maps who have already been submitted twice before, but didn't win. this keeps focus on new maps,and sparks people to make new ones

- give 2 or 3 points to distribute. This however, should be done with great care. Look at the current situation, where mappers from nowhere show up to vote all of a sudden. (i dont care who, why or w/e.)

- when deleting maps, make suer the admin deleting them supplies the rest with a VALID reason. Not just ot of disliking someone or so.

- warn people when they submit maps that arnt completed, and can be completed before the deadline ends. LGI did this with me, and im still gratefull he did. Then delete them :P

- if all that fails, give voting right only to admins. solves the problem x_x
2006, 09, 17 22:54
Nightmarjoo
yeah, if you make more admins. There are many very good mappers with very good ideas and comments who deserve the right to decide what map represents the paragon of mapping on this site, who happen to not be admins. Admins can filter the maps however. They have good judgement.
2006, 09, 18 22:43
Antares
certainly a lot
everytime i try to create a new map (which last 2 months at my level :D) i discover that the idea itslf is total crap and not that innovative
2006, 09, 18 23:04
NastyMarine
next competition i will take care of the mass maps.. if during the week there seems to be alot of good maps, we'll have to decide as a group (meaning everyone) which ones we will take out.. This way the map count will be low, and easier to vote upon.
2006, 09, 19 01:37
page: 1 2

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (4)Concord
Newest updates:
  (2)Dusk_0.60
  (4)Blustercrux_0.60
  (4)Daedalus_0.60
  (4)Aquamarine_0.60
  (2v6)Rich vs Lean