ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - feedback
(4)MecHaVirus Feedback and COmmunity help:D
page: 1
Hi every1,
my name is jon and i am an amateur map maker. i have just made my first map in a few years and was wondering if ne1 here could give me some help with it and map making advice in general would be appreciated. i tried to upload it to the site but i guess that it was too big cause it said it was over 500 kb.:/ but this link takes to u to maplantis where i was ablet o post it.
http://www.maplantis.org/index.php?map=314
thanks for ur time and plz help me :D

thanks,
jon

edit: i realize now i may have posted this in wrong section sorry if i did:/ and plz feel free to move it:D
modified by Sp1ralArch1tect
2007, 01, 03 08:20
Normally a melee map will never come close to 500 KB, the file you have at maplantis is only 80KB anyway. It is probably the name of the file that causes problems. try (4)Map_name(n).scm (for the meelee version) (4)Map_name(o).scm for the observer version.
2007, 01, 03 12:21
the idea of the map is interesting but there is pos imba among the map which hurts gameplay. although each area of the map (11,1,7,5) have similar attributes, they are all layed out differently. Also the mains are really cramped and could use some reshaping. always make sure you have ample room for races that need to flank in their respective matchups and keep it interesting. (Dont worry about the interesting part, your map def is interesting) :)

look at our MOTW (map of the week) section if you want to see some good examples of maps.
2007, 01, 03 18:05
Thanks alot for ur advice. this map is still in the works and ur advice helps me to shape it.
2007, 01, 04 00:04
Heya Sp1ral, nice to see you here. Looks like a nice map, but cliff gayness combined with a really tight space could make it really hard PvT. Even though, the effect of main cliffing is overrated in this MU as we all remember Jungle Story that even made it to the WCG, despite looking really hard PvT at the first glance.
2007, 01, 10 13:06
page: 1

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (0)Ash Ramp
Newest updates:
  (2)Dusk_0.60
  (4)Blustercrux_0.60
  (4)Daedalus_0.60
  (4)Aquamarine_0.60
  (2v6)Rich vs Lean