Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - feedback
Feedback Forum
page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
flothefreak
well, and another argument speaking for excluding user-final by default upload:
if a new/inexperienced/whatever-mapper is uploading a few maps that are NOT user-_final_, it's nothing we care about, we just help him. But I don't wanna know what other people think about this page. because when THEY want to have new maps, they DEFINETLY go for "user-final". and this is a bad image for the site and our works when there are such no-no-maps found by a visitor.
2005, 10, 21 22:40
panschk
noone cares if you declare it as user-final or beta anyway. If the map is bad, the map is bad period.
2005, 10, 22 01:10
flothefreak
yeah, WE don't care.
but imagine a visitor on this site looking for new maps. His first thought will be - and noone can doubt this - to look in the user-final section. He is hardly interested in unfinished maps. So it's the worst thing to let bad maps stay in user-final and other, better maps in user-beta (just because the auhtor forgot to put it in finals). Because then, a visitor gets loads of shit maps by looking through the section, while thinking we don't have ANY clue about mapmaking.
This map is not only for mappers but also for people interested in downloading new maps. And those should get a good impression of the stuff we consider as "final"- because we want him to come back!

As I visited this site the first time for looking what kind of maps you'd have here to download, I went through map DB-USER FINAL. And it was the scenario given: there were lots (espacially older maps) that were declared user-final but were in fact products of unexperienced mappers who didn't really care about their project.

So if you want to make this page usable and attractive not only to us mappers, but also to the public (the guys coming only to LOOK FOR maps), you should be aware of what to offer them.
Please believe me, if you want to have guests, you have to show them what we can and what we don't assess as a good map. And as long as you can't see this by user-final-status, it will really be harder to make this clear.

2005, 10, 22 10:02
panschk
Ok, I'm really motivated to make the "recommended maps" more visible, the guest who only wants some nice maps should just go there, he will find what he needs there! ;)
2005, 10, 23 15:45
Starparty
Exactly. If im not allowed to cleanse the db, atleast the bad maps can visually disapear ;)
2005, 10, 23 15:50
Starparty
when a map is not rateable because its beta or alread rated, could the text be "rating not availiable" instead since it seems weird that it says "youve rated this map" when you cant, and have'nt rated it :P ofc it says "cant be rated" after, but still it is a bit confusing :P
2005, 10, 23 22:41
Listoric
panschk, could you change the standard limit to 50 ? please :/ 20 is just a pain in the ass ^^
2005, 10, 25 00:03
Listoric
at least to 50, i wouldn't limit it anyway ^^
2005, 10, 25 00:04
Starparty
All competitions doesnt fit in the menu! :P
2005, 10, 25 09:54
Listoric
after i just had no clue where to write it, and it is a feedback, i just wanted to say that i LOVE our replay section. I download so many replays (most from LGI after he is playing like an insane ^^)!

It just roxx :) Maybe we should something like a competition "recommended replays so far" ;) (when we got tome sometimes after finishing the recommended map list someday maybe)

gg
2005, 11, 17 23:53
LGI
Yeah, just give me the names of the maps you need repleys and i am on it :D
2005, 11, 18 00:21
Listoric
Then play some games on my maps :P UG II, Jaculus, Anciented and Beyond Atmosphere ^^
2005, 11, 18 02:09
flothefreak
I want to use this topic as platform to express my thanks to LGI for doing so much replays for this site.

I more than appreciate that! it's really great, we should all bow low to your effort!
2005, 11, 18 07:59
LGI
OMG no! i play, and i have fun, alrgiht, so thats enought for me. I really have fun, thats why i love to play on user maps, and thats why i stop playing PGTour, because there i can't play on user maps. Games are for fun, right :)? And the fun comes out from here. I can't have fun on Lost Temple anymore, i am just sick of it... So i thank you, about map making :) .
2005, 11, 18 09:14
Starparty
Is there a way to make the actual files deleted when you delete an entry in adminzone? i dont even wanna think about how the true maplist looks like :P
2005, 11, 18 14:58
panschk
There probably is..but I don't know it. Plus it is already a mess now :/
2005, 11, 19 23:17
Starparty
I was also thinking, how about making a new addition to the site, like "current achievements" page, now when we actually are getting maps used somewhere? :P a little bit of bragging right we have? :P
2005, 11, 20 01:01
[7x]SpitFire
Crazy idea - to make replay rating ^^
2005, 11, 20 18:09
Travin
LGI you can play kaiber @ pgt
its a user map and its motw!
2005, 11, 20 19:50
LGI
But i can't play many more good user maps...

Don't worry, i know the maps there, but every day i like to play on diffrent maps, you can see that from the many replays i make on diffrent maps.
2005, 11, 20 20:30
page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (4)Neo Forbidden ..
Newest updates:
  (2)Dusk_0.60
  (4)Blustercrux_0.60
  (4)Daedalus_0.60
  (4)Aquamarine_0.60
  (2v6)Rich vs Lean