ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - feedback
Feedback Forum
page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
panschk
If you leave it blank, the old value will simply be kept.
2005, 12, 11 20:59
Starparty
Nice forum update. Could you rename OT forum to simply Off Topic?
2005, 12, 13 12:19
panschk
Yeah I could :D
2005, 12, 13 13:05
Listoric
Cool stuff.
2005, 12, 13 16:58
Starparty
And make the forums same size in the menu, even thoguh they arnt as popular as the main forum. It looks better.

Rename the forums to

Broodwar
Feedback
Off Topic

dont write "forum", its kinda obvious.
2005, 12, 13 18:10
Starparty
Also, could you make the entire right menu a bit wider? it actually would be betetr if it was 30-40px wider so you more easy can see what forum posts you ar klicking on and what their headline is
2005, 12, 13 18:12
Starparty
but dont get any stupid ideas about stretching th egraphics :P we'll make new ones for you.
2005, 12, 13 19:08
panschk
the graphics would have to be made again, yes. Because I can't stretch them with html tags.
Don't agree with every of your changes for forum though, i'll only do the ones i like :)
2005, 12, 13 22:31
Listoric
How about an Option in the Map-Admins page where you can set or reset the rating of a map?

I just feel not comfortable with this GAY RATING SYSTEM! RoV 0.5 points by some "smartass".

Really, the rating thing is, as it is now, absolutely useless. You can't use it as a search criteria and after that would be the only thing why someone would like to use it, it should be

a) disabled
b) adjustable for admins

... think about it. I'm really bored of complaining and even thinking about the system.

It's simply not just us "already informed that the rating system is BS" people, there are also others who check out a Mapdatabase and see that RoV has the worst rating while some noob map has a high and thinks "a) the system is totally crap, why don't they delete it?" or "b) after they don't delete it, they think it's good as it is, but i only see crap maps, so fuck it"

Comments?
2005, 12, 14 03:49
Starparty
seconded.
2005, 12, 14 04:16
panschk
How about this:

I reset ALL ratings with just one SQL entry, and from now on we use it wisely. Plus I can Of course make an option in mapedit to reset the rating of a map, just like reset GMCS for maps, but only for the admins.
2005, 12, 14 10:50
Listoric
An Admin option would be really great.

Think for us it's easier if you just ad an admin option. that way we only have to reset the "wrong voted on" maps, instead of giving all good maps a good rating.

Also it would be good if we just could add a certain rating to a map ourselves. That way, we could go thorugh the database faster and setting "good values" to each map.

So, just add a box to enter the rating as you did for Motw i.e., would be awesome.
2005, 12, 14 14:44
Listoric
To explain the 3rd part of my comment above:

If we can enter the exact rating, like 5,6,7 to a map. we could create a real rating based search easily. We should have the "power" to adjust the rating. There will always be some guys who cheat on votes and vote 0 or 10 all the time, that way, we can set it back to a good value, and don't have to start over from 5.
2005, 12, 14 14:48
panschk
hm public vote is a nice feature though, I think it should stay in one way or another..

How about this then:
1) Reset all ratings
2) listoric now rates all 700 maps
3) Then we either multiply this value by 10 to make it not that easy to change with public votes, or simply have two types of ratings: public and admin.

I doubt Lis wants to rate all maps though :O
2005, 12, 14 21:54
flothefreak
I'd say, the standard rating should be more striking, so 2-3 extrem ratings don't fuck it up

having 10(?) times the rating "5", would decrease abuse because you'd have to vote a lot for this little effort.
2005, 12, 14 22:02
panschk
This is right. But also 99% of all maps would have a rating between 4 and 6. So that's not a good option neither.
2005, 12, 14 22:20
Listoric
As said, if we have the possibility to enter a rating by ourselves, if we have to, like on RoV wich is no doubt a 6 from startup, then we could change it "back" to the normal setting, instead of resetiing it to five, looking up the map comments page and rate it again with 7 to get the "for now" right value.

Anyway, i like the idea of an "Admin rating" somehow. Maybe in the admin center, we can rate a map, and this vote counts 3 times or something like that? That way, we would have a changeable vote, but not as abusable?
2005, 12, 15 01:09
Listoric
Or an extra admin rating. we could rate at the weeks ending, most of the time the maps we want to rate good are in the motw pool anyway, so we could vote on them and ease the choice of an motw that way also?
2005, 12, 15 01:10
panschk
Lis, just think that it is all extra work...and you said yourself you have to set the right priorities. It all comes down to: Do we want to rate 700 maps, and in no more than a week? :]

I could change the script for map sizes so that it only displays Mapid x00-x99, include the rating stuff and then we split the work. Not really needed that we discuss on every rating, just a general overview. If someone thinks an admin is wrong, he can just vote the regular way to get it back on track ;]
2005, 12, 15 07:51
2006, 03, 30 03:48
page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (2)Prime Factor
Newest updates:
  (2)Dusk_0.60
  (4)Blustercrux_0.60
  (4)Daedalus_0.60
  (4)Aquamarine_0.60