Edit map

Forum - feedback
Design Thread
page: 1 2 3 4
Listoric
yeah, think so to. Also GG.net.
2005, 11, 01 16:13
Starparty
make the <> flash 1 time behind the "broodwarmaps.net" text in the loop :)
2005, 11, 01 17:13
Listoric
Panschk, how can i reach you? I have to send you something and need your advice.
2005, 11, 01 18:38
panschk
write it in the forums..
2005, 11, 01 21:51
Starparty
I believe this site will need a facial lift soon. Listoric are you on the matter yet?
Is the site constructed in a way that the database behind is easy transferable if we would like to create a new layout someday?
2005, 11, 05 11:54
panschk
Layout has nothing to do with the database.

But I really don't understand you, the page looks so great imo, it will be next to impossible to improve it;)
2005, 11, 05 20:46
Starparty
doh :P
2005, 11, 06 00:50
tronicc
Bleh it's NOT that great imo =P

All i can say is that it's .... blue.. =P I prefered so far the first layout ( dark with green ) still it was pretty basic. Don't you think some1 in here has contacts with a good webmaster? No need to have a laggy & 43124 colors/flash animations.. Just something which is pleasing to the eyes and make the site look better =_)
2005, 11, 06 07:38
Starparty
Well i think the layout is ok, and its userfriendly. However i still want the site to be left aligned and not center, because the menues on the sides go jump out of position on resolution larger than 1024x768 (im 1200x??? something) Other than that its just the graphics that need updating. I also think the blue color is a bit depressing. We should use a color wich more represent change and motion. I have a good book for these things and if someone need/want tips ill gladly look them up.
2005, 11, 06 13:41
Listoric
We could use jungle as theme, green is eye friendly. or design the page new. but panschk does not awnt to change it really.

i already loaded up a imo better version some days ago. still it was horrible after i have no idea of html and would have to write some things new. i would change the look completely if it was my page. yet i understand that panschk does not want to change it anymore. just a lot of work for "small" improvements.
2005, 11, 06 17:56
Listoric
If anyone has a sugguestion on what the site should look like instead, buttons, icons, whatever, jsut feel free to sugguest. Thx
2005, 11, 08 22:13
Starparty
I think darker colors are easy on the eye, however they should be active colors. This twilight blue is soothing and get one sleepy
2005, 11, 08 22:48
Listoric
What i had in mind a week ago

but it would need recoding the page a bit. also it's "still" the same blueish page. Anyway, just a "scratch", i alraedy have an updated version here, still not ready for the page as it is. If i had someone who has enough time to write or check the php files, we could mae this page even more beatifull. Or release a v2 someday ^^ well, i', just dreaming and i will update graphics as good as it's possible for this page. panschk is doing a great work with this page, and has enough to do i bet.
2005, 11, 08 23:17
Starparty
Too experimental. way too experimental. We need a easy page, just like this one, but with a more up-to-date look.

and the page should be centered imo. i hate how left menu runs to the left and right menu runs to the right while the center stays in the middle.
2005, 11, 09 10:29
LGI
Well i am not experienced in this, but i really like the new idea, Listoric. I have some things in mind, but first i will wait to see the final result, i think you will added, they are now shown mayby because the screen shot don't give you the room you need. And btw i like the blue theme. I hope it stays. This is the best page that don't hurt my eyes.
2005, 11, 09 11:06
Listoric
actually blue s very calm, i like that. STill we could use a dfferent theme, or, as often sugguested, implement a "terrain changer", whree you can define, per cookie, which terrain you want to have displayed the page at...

omg im not really awaken, sorry, my english hurts atm ^^
2005, 11, 09 12:52
Starparty
i think a more stylish design will help our cause. The staredit terrain theme is perhaps a bit over-used here.
2005, 11, 09 14:03
tronicc
Id suggest to change the design for the coming year (2006). Like you change it the night before or something special :P. I agree with starparty. We need something out of common, not too spicy with flash intro & buttons etc. Only something cool and basic that could fit in here. ( NO MORE BLUE !!! )
2005, 12, 02 20:46
Starparty
yes. I will gladly help if some one wants too, but he will need realtime chatprogram and some motivation :P
2005, 12, 02 21:08
LGI
Yeah, give us some green here in $ better, but still if not $, green is ok :)
2005, 12, 02 22:31
page: 1 2 3 4

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (4)Flavia 1.1
Newest updates:
  (4)Maw of the Dee..
  (4)Diamondback 1.1
  (4)Aquamarine 1.01
  (8)19977383763838..
  (2)Dusk_0.60