Map DB
ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - main
Foreigner vs Korean
page: 1
I've been seeing a lot of people being biased against Foreigner maps just because they're not made by 'pro' Korean mappers. Even though some have superior execution, players simply don't like it because they're not made by Koreans.

I want to perform an experiment where we present some good new maps of ours as beta pro maps like the ones in the TL thread right now. The users won't know that we actually made them. We'll eventually reveal that they're foreigner made. Not sure how effective this will be but I may try it depending on what you guys think. Btw, will I get banned from TL for doing this XD?
2009, 03, 18 02:13
Good idea, but won't work.

No one here to make the maps.

We'd need Nasty to make every concept and Testbug to remake each idea, and both users are inactive.
2009, 03, 18 09:20
what a high degree of trust, lame-o...

if you look closer to maps like andromeda, destination, etc. you will find out - so far you understand mapping and of course you are open-minded in your comparison,that the half of the mappers around here don't have serious reasons to fear the so-called pro-mappers from Korea; it's not the 1st time we talk about this matter. i know pretty well the species you call "people being biased against Foreigner maps". most of them are crude bozos with pathetic knowledge in mapping - if at all. everything they lookin' for is to play the stuff they see in leagues; just wanna walk over the same damn terrain & so good they can ape the same strats they seeing before on the stup maps. who cares about such ppl ??

i won't be against your idea if i wouldn't see so clear the reaction. it's like tryin' to offer flesh to a vegetarian - or to convert a muslim to judaism. this quest would be beyond reason, cuz they don't criticise in any way the maps they refuse to play - they decide for themselves to ignore evry non kor promap and play only these.

i for myself, won't be afraid to map vs evry korean - pro or not. anyway, besides rose.of .dreams & skb_CyGnus i see no serious threats. but they aren't active atm so...
2009, 03, 18 18:10
talking nonsense as always, are we?
2009, 03, 18 22:50
no,only u as always smurf
2009, 03, 18 23:33
Gopdf sdf jighi esroij sdpf... lsdfl fji?
2009, 03, 19 05:13
hopefully blizzard will take more interest in the foreign community when SC2 comes.
2009, 03, 19 12:03
Do you know what "smurf" means... online?

Besides, you aren't watching the smurfs, are you?
2009, 03, 19 20:38
if you guys actually want your maps to be played, you need to have some sort of incentive. korean maps are played by people because they see the pros play them and want to be like them.

All you guys do is theorycraft all day, when in reality, no matter how balanced your map is, no one will play it if you dont have replays on it from known gamers.
2009, 03, 19 23:42
well, duh. But the problem is that people see our theorycrafting as unrealistic and korean theorycrafting as golden law. But as you can see, all the concepts we come up with gets stolen. When we do it its "experimental and not working". When they do it its "genious" .... uh, ok?
2009, 03, 20 00:01
oh ya i forgot to add cliffnotes.

PS: PEOPLE ARE RETARDS
2009, 03, 20 01:07
I guess that sums it up nicely.
2009, 03, 20 11:06
page: 1

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (2)Feelings Deep ..
Newest updates: