ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - main
how did you discover bwmn?
page: 1
so i was wondering how you discovered bwmn
for me, a friend told me about this site and i was watching you behind the trees for some months i think
2010, 08, 22 00:36
hahahaha i found this map like 2 years ago. i was observing a match in the map Overland and i asked this is a good map. and the host (dont know if he was the creator of the map or not) told me to this site to dl ths map and more custom made maps. at first i was like ok w/e im probably nv going to visit this site...but i looked at it like 5 times or something and it was realy active lol but i just didnt have interest until i joined a clan 3 months after (now its dead) and they wanted someone to make maps so i decided to give this a try and made a map (it was horrible), then i got so addicted to map edting and kept making maps but it was one of those really unbalance no mirror tool, original sc editor kind of thing. i wanted to get better and better. i looked at pro games maps and wanted to know how they used those inverts...so everytime i joined a ums / obs game i would always ask people how to get the 'backward ramps' (that's what i used to call it) and a nice guy told me and corrected me that it as called invert and he told me to this site. he told me he worked in this site and i really wish i wouldve remebered his name so i could look at his works. he told me go to the map data base and loook for (0)map name...that's all he told me oh yeah he told me to dl scm draft 2. so i did and i saved the maps and didn't know what to do next...so i was looking on the internet without not having any tips on scmdraft and learned it myself. i found it on the internet luckily and tried it and it worked. i was happy then i went to work...but i didn't figure the mirror tool really later. so i made more and more maps...and made a okay one for my clan...wasn'ta wowser one just a 4 player symmetrical one. so i visited this website for more help on my map but didnt't post anything until i was ready so for now i was just looking at people's work and the comments and as time went by i submitted my first map Space Gauge WOOT...at that time i think the site was slowly dying and i practically learned more balance issues learned spells and mirror tool! so it was fun time when BW was really alive (the game and site) but now SC2 is just drastically putting this website dead. so that was my experience the guy who told me about this site hosting the Overlands and the guy who told me how to do inverts....but i think it was mostly cause the invert ramps that got me into this site. i was going to reshape this website but i figured it was too much and panshck was busy

wow i wrote 1/3 of what nightmarjoo would :)
modified by coV
2010, 08, 22 06:28
i was looking for starcraft maps in google and this site pop up, i looked around and liked it :
2010, 08, 22 15:00
I don't remember how I got here, but when I got here the christmas theme map competition was running, and I made a new map for it (Along the Frozen River), but I think it was deleted. It was the first map I made for bwm (but certainly not my first map).

Actually, now that I think about it, I might've found the site from LGI's mappack which was uploaded to gosugamers.
modified by Nightmarjoo
2010, 08, 25 02:39
from panschks initial post on teamliquid. The site was being build then. The shitty graphics you see is actually alot of my creations
2010, 08, 25 10:31
the graphics are oldschool, the twilight terrain is the soul of bwmn xD
2010, 08, 25 16:40
I found the thread starparty mentioned: http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=28825
I never knew bwm basically spawned out of tl.
2010, 08, 25 17:42
I've always loved the way bwm looks to be honest.
2010, 08, 25 17:43
page: 1

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (2)Pretzel_0.9
Newest updates:
  (4)Maw of the Dee..
  (4)Diamondback 1.1
  (4)Aquamarine 1.01
  (8)19977383763838..
  (2)Dusk_0.60