:PW.:
Replays
Map DB
ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - main
How will we bring more users to the site?
page: 1 2 3
Sometimes i even have to respond to my own comments ...

Couldn't we strike a deal with the bigger SC sites to have us as the official map database?
I dont know if we are already used in that way, but if we are we should benefit from that too...

Someone on this site should definitelly win BlizzCon map tourney :P
2005, 08, 01 16:26
What I do is everytime I see a poster on tl.net or SEN who has made some nice maps, I write a PM and suggest him to post the maps here. Well I don't do it everytime, but I did it with noname, titan and some others. The 2on2 League might also attract visitors when and if it will be done. Whenever we do something like a contest / tournament, there should be a newspost at gg.net and a forum thread at tl.net.

I don't think we really need to "co-op" with anyone, we can do everything ourselves, we just need to get more known.
2005, 08, 01 17:40
"Someone on this site should definitely win BlizzCon map tourney :P"
ok, let me do this. just don't submit any maps...
:D
now, to return to the charge, i think what panschk does is exactly what all of us need to do. i mean, if we don't know any of the administrators/creators of the sc community sites, then the only way to make this site more popular is telling every single guy about this place who might be interested.
2005, 08, 04 00:45
in reply to my own comment:
maybe a thread on tl.net would be a nice thing, maybe i'll do that since it's the only place i visit frequently for discussing anything related to SC...
2005, 08, 04 00:49
Its better if someone "not admin" makes that thread, it might feel to much like advertising otherwise...
2005, 08, 04 09:46
I already did a post at tl.net when I first started the site. Maybe I should just make a new one, saying "hello, we still exist, and we are better than ever" -__- I'm dissapointed somehow that map discussions still take place at tl.net, sen and bw.de (for example) instead of just posting the map here. It's not like you have to register or anything that takes your time.
2005, 08, 04 10:09
its way easier uploading here than on photobucket for instance.
2005, 08, 04 11:17
I got a link to this page in every signature of my own and keep chatting about this site as much as possible. Think we just should keep improving this page in every aspect and show continuity in everything, users will come here as time goes by.

But yes, we should keep making posts on important sites.
2005, 08, 04 12:45
Listoric is very right on point. The most important thing is that WE continue using this, and we will if we continue to find mapmaking interesting. I can atleast promise you that if you post i will always reply :o
2005, 08, 04 13:31
I like it the way it is now, nice and cozy :)
2005, 08, 06 15:46
I think maybe you should make the jump to having actual users and logins.. Without it, if the site grew ppl could use other peoples names and i dunno but still, makeing a login and PMing available would make the site better in my opinion.
2005, 08, 06 16:29
The idea was to upload and download maps without registration. If the community was attractive we could still have log in for the community part and separate it from the maps database part. But atm there isn't enough users to make it worth the effort i guess. I, as i said before, think that the currently most important thing is that we who actually use the site now, continues with that. Its the only way it will grow. And if you like what panschk has created here i humbly beg of you to keep posting :o
2005, 08, 06 22:51
I don't really like forums where you have to register, and logon all the time. I'm not even sure I know how to make cookies work so that you don't have to login everytime you enter the site again. And for me personally, I would have to login all the time anyway because I use so many different PCs to surf in internet. If the users here were 12-year olds who love posting with other peoples name, I might just as well shut it all down, you could not have a serious discussion with them anyway.
2005, 08, 07 01:19
Whenever I see someone post a map and it's good, I always tell them to post it here. I also try to put a link here in the few maps that I have made.

And, since nobody at TL.net has any interests in my maps, I'll try to post my maps here more often. So far, I've had the beste feedback from SeN and TA.com.
2005, 08, 07 04:09
ta.com seemed quite uncaring :P
i prefer tl then, atleast people look at them there.. had 2000+ viewers on Jing&Jang
2005, 08, 07 11:02
But i agree that personal interaction is the best and easiest way atm to bring people to the site.
what i meant by co-op was rather that if some site started a league, they would refer to us to download their official maps or something :o

and that is imo a good idea to consider when we start hosting mappacks from various events..
2005, 08, 07 11:04
we have a "files" section btw. I will try to fill it in the days to come. (To upload, you need login in "news-login")
2005, 08, 07 21:33
I have a map in the BWCL pack. I could write that I demand that they put "www.broodwarmaps.net - most gosu map page ever!" in the opening text of the obs version.
I made the map so I can demand it (or so I hope) - its the least I can do for this page.
SO whaddaya think?

Regds

Hans-Titan
2005, 08, 07 23:14
lol. No you can't.
The BWCL mappack won't be updated anyway. They have an outdated version of river of gods and a obs version of forbidden zone without observer start locations, and they won't make a new version. I can understand it though, players won't download a mappack again for minor changes anyway.
2005, 08, 07 23:56
Well, I am an admin at GG.net, and I try to spread the word a little bit. Entropy's post about it helped, but not enough, and that was when this site was still in its infant stages.

If you need me to do anything, just tell me. It'd be easiest to talk to me on msn at enter_the_matrix@excite.com
2005, 08, 10 01:04
I had Visions about making that MotW tourney held every month as a co-operation with GG.net. It would bring us more users, and it would give them another gaming event..

Is it a good idea? And if so, is it doable?

Then the tourney front could be held at GG.net, while our links and logos would be visible and you were redirected to this page to DL the maps.
And GG.net could perhaps post the winners on their page and we would be getting lots of replays to upload here of fine euro and west players, that too might be a good way to make ppl come here - known players playing the maps :o

If this is marketed the right way it could be a little boost for GG (new, hopefully, popular event), and a -great- boost to us.

We'd upload Every MotW maps as a Mappackfile to avoid inconvinience :o

---

I have your msn epidion, and its nice to talk with you from time to time :) however youre canadian right? when you log on i go to sleep :(
2005, 08, 10 08:48
page: 1 2 3

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (4)Midgard
Newest updates:
  (2)Dusk_0.60
  (4)Blustercrux_0.60
  (4)Daedalus_0.60
  (4)Aquamarine_0.60
  (2v6)Rich vs Lean