ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - main
PRO maps update
page: 1 2 3
the dentist
once you guys start mixing your maps with pro maps this site will be even more obviously newbie

"pro" and "retired pro" should be for high level pro league maps only. if you don't see the need for those two categories, then wtf... you want maps no one cares about mixed in with established maps or never-was-been maps?

i propose only ogn/mbc(kpga) be in your pro/retired pro sections. the rest are questionable and should not be confused with such a credible group.

pro/retired pro (ogn/mbc/kpga):
forbidden zone
bifrost
gaema gowon
avant garde II
universal tripod
back and belly
symmetry of psy
river of flames
blade storm
plains to hill
indian lament
jim raynor's memory
sauron
nostalgia
guillotine
lost temple
gauntlet
charity
paradoxxx
u-boat
enter the dragon
another day
parallel lines
detonation
namja iyagi
luna
xenosky
requiem
into the darkness
pelennor
mercury
tuscon
raid assault
arizona
dream of balhae
alchemist

you should not include gametv maps in this category because they have always been really low standard. they should be in the "lower" category. look at all the maps above. why mix more into that shit?

so you need a 3rd category for maps that have some credibility but are def not any of the above. i dont think "classic" is the right word.

in this 3rd category, call it semi-pro, you can put wcg maps, pgt maps, wgtour maps, gametv maps, maps used in some euro invite tourney, etc. it makes sense to seperate these two groups!

korean competition is above ours, why can't you admit that? their maps are not the same as a map that pgtour or wgtour voted on... ogn and mbcgame deserve more credit than you give them. i'm not saying their maps are better, but that it is confusing and useless to mix anything in with them and call that category anything. it would no longer be "pro"... and grouping other "shit" with them into a category called "league" is 100% ignorant.
modified by the dentist

imo you should use "retired" pro category for maps that are not longer getting any play anywhere. call that classic if you want. plains to hill would not be retired because good players still know it and use it in leagues, tourneys, and it was used in pgtour for a season even. whereas, some maps have been completely forgotten since appearing in a pro league or two--those ones should be considered "retired."
modified by the dentist
2006, 05, 29 18:17
flothefreak
then we can call it "dentist.net"!

yet i dont know why you hang around here when we never see your geniousity
2006, 05, 29 18:20
the dentist
i never see any good broodwar players here, anyone who would be respected for their opinions regarding bw maps. i see a bunch of rejects making eachother feel better. you drive out anyone informed in these matters, like frozenarbiter for instance. you will never see liquid`drone or testie here. you won't see anyone with a valid opinion on this site because you drive them the fuck out. then you think you have a consensus. you don't have one _decent_ player among you to validate any of your thinking of what is and is not broodwar.
2006, 05, 29 18:32
MillenniumArmy
The Dentist, this is StarCraft for gods sake. This site is for starcraft players to download starcraft maps. NOBODY IS GOING TO CARE IF A MAP IS USED IN A "BIGGER" OR HIGHER LEVELED TOURNAMENT OR NOT. IF ANYTHING, THEY ONLY CARE THAT A MAP IS USED IN BIG TOURNAMENTS. Doesn't matter if OGN is a higher league or not. 95% of the players out there could care less if a map is from OGN or MSL or not; they only care that it is currently played by thousands of people today in big tournaments. There's only like what, 100-150 maps in our Database that's used in leagues or tournaments. More than 80% of them are now considered shitty maps and will never be played on again in big tournaments now.

The reason those korean leagues are "higher" than ours is because the PLAYERS are better, not the MAPS. Also, the people in Korea are so obsessed that they even broadcast this on TV, thus treating their tournaments like they're professional sports. These are the ONLY reasons why their leagues are higher; it has absolutely NOTHING to do with the maps. Infact, half of those maps you listed above suck so much ass it aint even funny. You're still blindly assuming that just because it's a korean map that it is automatically better. This makes you look like an immature 5 year old.

Again, this site is for players to download maps. WE DONT DECIDE IF MAPS ARE BETTER OR NOT BY SIMPLY PUTTING THEM IN DIFFERENT CATEGORIES. THEY, the people browsing this site for maps, decide whether a map is good enough for them to download or not. If they're looking for specific types of map, there's a little useful "search" function that they can use.

Besides how the fuck can you say this site is newbish because of how we categorize our maps. For crying out loud we're nothing but a fucking map database. This is BroodwarMAPS.net, not BroodwarPLAYERS.net nor BroodwarTOURNAMENTS.net
modified by MillenniumArmy
2006, 05, 29 19:58
the dentist
lol if you want to take pro maps out of context you'll prove this site is newbie as far as broodwar is concerned. your choice. since that seems to be the consensus, go ahead and prove to anyone who might be qualified to judge your maps that a) you know shit and b) you think you know better than them... good idea dumbass.
2006, 05, 29 21:52
MillenniumArmy
Did you not fucking read what I just said? Can you even read? Of ALL the arguments I have presented to you; you have refuted NONE and instead try to run away from me. Grow the fuck up and stop crying.

We're NOT taking pro maps out of context. We're simply CATEGORIZING THEM. The ONLY BWMN or non korean maps that would be thrown in with them would be the ones that made it into the PGTour mappack, because pgtour IS a big tournament and the maps there are used by THOUSANDS of people. We're NOT going to mix our 1000+ user made maps in with these korean maps; I have no idea why you were thinking that. Please go back to my previous post and reread the yellow texts.

You're so closed-minded. Get some food into that brain of yours
2006, 05, 29 23:21
lnept
ok the dentist 1v1 me. go?

oh wait i already know the answer you dodging faggot

think before you speak kid and say theres no good players here.
2006, 05, 30 01:20
panschk[FP]
okay... (stop your flamewar btw)

it is

final
beta
experimental
league
classic

now. Please tell me if I forgot to change that somewhere in the scripts. I replaced all unfinished maps with final.

I also added a very simple and low tech search engine for the forum, might help to find some posts...

edit: And might cause horrible traffic if someone abuses it. I hope that does not happen...:)
modified by panschk[FP]
2006, 05, 30 18:12
flothefreak
perfectly fine :)
2006, 05, 30 18:32
MillenniumArmy
Alright so if we have a "classic" section, then we have to move tons of maps in the league section out because most of them are retired and will no longer be used.

And also, we gotta move Arena, Comet, Nightlight, Sattarchasm, and Signal into the league sections as well.
2006, 05, 30 19:06
epidiOn
Wait I thought Arena, Comet, Nightlight, Sattar and S ignal would go into League...

And we don't have to move maps out of pro. I think any maps that were used in pro games should be in there forever, and only the classic blizzard maps should be put in classic.

But honestly guys, is this really a big deal?
2006, 05, 30 19:10
MillenniumArmy
For me it makes it a hell lot easier, because if we have a classic section, then I expect to only see currently used maps (there should be quite a lot of them) or just not as much used maps in the league section. The classic section should serve as retired league maps or blizz made maps.
2006, 05, 30 19:13
MuShu
Well, if you only include maps currently used in the big Korean tournaments in the Leauge section, it would consist of:

Rush Hour III
The Eye
Arcadia
Peaks of Baekdoo
815 III
Cultivation Period aka New Pioneering Period
MangWul aka fullmoon*
Iron Curtain*
Luna(Used in qualifiers)

* means that is is a 2v2 map used in the ProLeauge.

If you include special events and PGT, then it would be the maps in the PGT mappack. It might help if they all contained PGT_ in their names to make it easier.

Arena, Comet,and Sattarchasm are no longer in the PGT mappack or used in any event at the moment, so I'm not sure where they would go. Nightlight and (S)ignal were used in special Blizzard tournies and a few other events hosted by GG.net, and King of the Abyss and Crusader were used at BlizzCon, so I am not sure where those go either. All the old maps that were previously used by OGN/MBC/Ghem would go in the classic section.

That's how I see it so far. 8D

And look here, BWMN put to good use:
http://teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?currentpage=3&topic_id=39914

The last post by hasuprotoss.

modified by MuShu
modified by MuShu
2006, 05, 31 09:22
flothefreak
i still think king of the abyss, road to antiga prime etc are good being located in "league". if i searched for it, i would definetly choose this category
2006, 05, 31 11:50
panschk[FP]
I will make some script to make it easier to change map types for you...

And I oppose myself to having "PGT_" or anything in the map name. If you want to have information about the league in which a map is played, I could make an extra table for it. But someone would have to fill it with data, I think that would just be too much work.

And btw, please do not forget the original purpose of the thread. I'm pretty sure there are still some newschool pro maps missing:)
2006, 05, 31 14:00
the dentist
idiots, oh well, 5 years from now at least one of you will realize i was right.
2006, 06, 01 00:34
flothefreak
yes, and it will be you when looking into the mirror
2006, 06, 01 12:22
lnept
maybe prove you have some sort of starcraft skill, then i will negotiate your reasoning.
2006, 06, 01 21:10
page: 1 2 3

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (4)DeathlyHallows
Newest updates:
  (2)Odd-Eye 4.2b
  (4)Diamondback 1.1b
  (4)Maw of the Dee..
  (4)Aquamarine 1.01
  (8)19977383763838..