Map DB
ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - main
BWL/PP
page: 1
Rumors of blizzard patching up BWL/PP in next patch... this means no more GG.net forums to start ur gaming day, no mor Autosave, no more reps, no more LIVE APM, no more knowing wen people hack, no more text in reps... no more cute blue penguin,.... list goes on.... no more saving rep wen u want, really bugging me.... REALLY bugging me... freaking blizzard, just cuz its "illegal"... but it was for a good cause... and hackers gona come up 2-3 weeks after the new patch... even though PP doesnt make hacker units start killing each other anymore, at least we were able to know who was hacking...i think blizzard is being unreasonable..... i mean... all they care about is WoW... they dont even care about SC anymore.....well my point is... lets start a petition or something... im sure 90% of people whose played 600... 1000... 6000(like me) games would say "heck no, dont patch BWL/PP >:/"
2007, 04, 22 10:38
BW Extension (the former PP) will be patched out soon, yes. This is no rumor.

Yet this is no reason to freak out: Ashur said that he will stop working on BWL because it will be unnecessary. Blizzard will (at least they told him) include autoreplay and some other stuff in the next patch, as well as upgrade Warden, the tool they use to detect 3rd party software (hacks). BW Extension will simply become redundant.
2007, 04, 22 11:47
but i heard not all the features are gona be on there? wut about obs mode?
2007, 04, 22 20:42
I don't know if they will implement obs mode as it was with BW extension. But honestly, what did you really gain from it anyways?
2007, 04, 22 21:48
It was nice to be able to see stuff when you ob and not just see units... also it made trying to teach less skilled players easier since you could yell at them about macro or w/e.

Spines, the new patch will destroy thousands of replays, all of those saved with pp won't work anymore. I have used pp since pgt, I will lose thousands of replays...
2007, 04, 22 22:29
yeah, a ton of pp replays will be destroyed... meaning ALOT of replays hahah
2007, 04, 22 22:50
Eh, replays are overrated anyways.
2007, 04, 23 05:38
So what? You weren't going to watch any of them anyways, were you? Also, previous patches have often invalidated older replays...

It's not like I would really like losing all this stuff, I just don't think that it's so goddamn necessary either. Also, having it all in one application is much nicer than having a launcher call BW...
2007, 04, 23 16:17
page: 1

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (6)Christmas Nigh..
Newest updates:
  (2)Odd-Eye 4.2
  (4)Maw of the Dee..
  (4)Diamondback 1.1
  (4)Aquamarine 1.01
  (8)19977383763838..