Map DB
ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - main
Map Testing Team
page: 1
Lets go for Mapdori style just English!Who would be interested in testing new and well made maps in some games?

The Team could meet once a week so the MotW submitions can be tested in real games not only by looking at the JPG.

Lets say I'm in the Team XD
2006, 01, 05 23:02
I'll try to test them with some people in channel public chat kj on east. You can find me there maybe on weekends, unless you have a channel specifically for it. It might help if you get some D-ish level people for me to play against. XD
2006, 01, 06 06:00
Normally on weekends I'll do like a bo5 with my friend on our maps and other maps we find around the site.

You might have seen the replays of us n00bin' it up. LaO-Artanis vs prOxi.SouL)iO- (epidiOn).
2006, 01, 06 06:47
F*ck, some gays stolen my CD-Key and are using it -_-;
Ah, btw, soon a 2 7x-tourneys will be held.
Maps will be taken only from bwmn.net, actually there is a link on tournament info on PGTour. We hope to see many good players there.
2006, 01, 06 07:48
I mean we play games against each other and make JPGs with arrows what you could do and where to attack like the mapdori team does.

I would prefer games from the Team more than games between you and your friends.
2006, 01, 06 17:10
a team to evaluate the ingame balance and playability of the map goes a lot further than just playing it a few times.

it would entail a great deal of playtesting per map. you would have to test build after build against build after build, then try tactic after tactic after strategy after strategy.

it would be best suited to a map pool that is very small, 3 or 4 imo, and the map pool inside the motws every week is pretty big. however i could see some merit to having a dedicated team of testers that would go through and do comprehensive testing and review of a small map pool from the recommended map area, and then continue the project until all of the recommended maps have been thoroughly tested and played, and refined.

that would also be a good time to evaluate the best maps of the recommended area, so that the recommended map list could be trimmed to a less intimidating amount, making it much easier for prospective players or ladders to select maps instead of having to dive headfirst into a list of 200 maps.

in order to accomplish such a feat you would need a number of players that are competent (the better they are, the better the reviews would be) in the game, and relatively close to each other in terms of skill, as well as well represented across the board of matchups.
2006, 01, 06 21:41
If you're ever on west go to op cal there is mostly Tl.net gamers there who like to play new things.
2006, 01, 07 13:53
I made an JPG for an example how it should look like and will write the text and post the example later. Stay tuned XD
2006, 01, 07 15:44
I'm all up for play testing some maps.
2006, 01, 07 21:45
page: 1

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (4)[BWMN]Geml
Newest updates:
  (2)Dusk_0.60
  (4)Blustercrux_0.60
  (4)Daedalus_0.60