Whose ready for the an exciting second edition of the New Worlds Map Contest? This time, anything goes! We encourage experimental and/or island maps this time, be creative! Have an idea for a standard maps with a twist? Let's see it! We are looking for unique maps that are also comfortable to play on.
Be sure to read the extended guidelines in the TL post if you plan on submitting.
Public voting will determine this contest!
Submission Criteria: If you are new to map making, please read the extended guidelines by Freakling: + Show Spoiler +
- This contest is open for standard, island, experimental, or hybrid maps.
- This contest is open for 2 and 3 player maps ONLY.
- This contest is open to all map tilesets, except installation.
- This contest is open to your older maps, but make sure they are up to date with today's meta.
- This contest is open to maps that work in a normal 1v1 Melee game, no Use Map Settings.
- There is no limitation as to how standard the map needs to be, but make sure the map is comfortable and fairly easy to learn.
- First submission should be playable with functional components of the map (functional terrain* and resource pathing) in place, no abusable unfinished terrain (like drop holes), and no mining issues for the most significant bases (mains and naturals).
*Functional terrain includes unwalkable and unbuildable areas, ramps, bridges, choke points, vision blocking or cover providing terrain and generally anything that requires specific tile flags etc.
Have questions about your map or the editor?
Join our Discord!
- Maps must be submitted by January 2nd @ 16:00 CEST // 23:00 KOR.
- This contest is open to all applicants.
- You may only submit your own work or collaboration.
- You may submit as many maps as you like, but every map should be in a playable state with some decoration.
- This contest is not open to maps that have been used in official korean or foreign leagues prior to this contest.
- Final versions (top 4) should be de-bugged to the best of your ability for play test tournaments.
Full Information: https://tl.net/forum/bw-tournaments/578527-new-worlds-map-contest-2nd-edition
Because of heavy spam on the map comments, it is needed to be logged in to post. We are sorry that this has to be done because nothing else stops spam bots