|Bump. I have a free spot for 1v1 and 2v2. This can be it Freakling? ^_^|
|is this your map?|
|No, this is Freakling's|
|OK, I may be able to work on it over the weekend.|
|Moved stuff around a bit, to equalize main sizes.|
Now working on deco.
|compare Teal's and Blue's base to the other players... They may be slightly smaller? if the small area behind their minerals are to compensate for it, it may backfire as those seem to be convenient places for drops.|
|You mean the edge in teal's main that extends towards the NE corner?|
Well... I did my best to give all mains as equal distances, macro space and drop space without wasting any space unnecessarily.
Some differences in shape have to be put up with, if one wants to fit something not quadrangular into a square frame, of course, and by their size and locations the mains are just the most convenient places to assign them to. I guess I could put teal's minerals more towards the edge, with the geyser on the left, to open up that corner a bit.
EDIT: Like this.
modified by Freakling
|looks better to me now. But orange base is a square ;p|
|This is done now, pending final mineral balancing.|
bugfix to all resources done.
- equalized cliffs behind nats as much as possible to balance harassment opportunuities
- all mains can be rax-2depot walled against zealots now
- fixed some gas bug for 10 main.
|fixed two bugs, discovered while testing with Crystal.|
|UPDATE to version 1.01|
- Moved the ramp at the W nat back a bit to make more room for the nat and unit movement.
- Fixed a mineral patch in SE main
- optimized some minerals (comsat issue)
- added observer version (compressed & fog free)
- edited some mineral onlies so all of them they are not tankable from adjacent main
- changed a cliff tile at 10 o'clock's main ramp to facilitate rax + 2 depots wall with safe marine spawn as for the other spawns.
Only melee version updated so far...
Please check version numbers in map description to make sure you use this newest version!
|Excellent! Love maps that get updates, great map btw, really solid symmetry |
|EDIT: Sorry, I think I uploaded the wrong file at first;|
now the update is online...
|Updated obs version...|
|Update: Version 1.05 (preliminary)|
- Fixed terrain levels on ramps. Main ramps and back ramps to mineral onlies are now the tighter custom ramps from my Desert ramp palette
- Some cleanup.
- Hopefully fixed all pathing.
Update: Version 1.06
No updated obs version yet …
modified by Freakling
|A copy of what I've posted on TL.net about a week ago but Hatchet doesn't seem to have seen and communicated:|
I've only played about 8 games and obsed 2, all were PvZ.
What I noticed were the different positions of the minerals + nexus in different mains. Especially that some mineral lines seem to be much easier to harass with mutas (TvZ comes to mind) than others.
Another thing that I noticed was that I wasn't able to pylon jump over the power generators' minerals at all locations. I haven't tried all the positions, but the bottom left (7 o'clock main) one doesn't allow a pylon to be built between the two mineral patches. Top one (12 o'clock main) does allow it.
The feeling from my own games are that some positions can be way easier to attack by air. Like 7 o'clock can basically just fly into the mineral line of the main adjacent to its mineral only base.
Other positions have the possibility for siege tanks at the mineral only to have range to attack stuff in certain main bases (for example the 12 o'clock main can definitely be sieged. So building tech anywhere too far below your nexus can get it killed).
|After a quick test: 2 out of 5 positions are able to build a pylon between the two mineral fields in front of the power generators.|
|Will check & fix.|