Apparently they're trying to make a new expansion for Starcraft.
A small group of people are carrying out a little campaign to make a dream come true: a new expansion for Starcraft. However, this is a project that requires a lot of minds working together, and the small group behind it is looking for people to help out in the folowing fields:
1. Fanfic writers (storyline)
2. Map makers (campaign and melee maps)
3. New unit, research, critter, tileset and doodad ideas (new engine).
4. Sketchers, 2D and 3D renderers (unit concepts).
5. Comic makers (cinematic and campaign storyboards).
6. 3D animators (cinematics)
7. Voice casting (once we get the storyline finished).
8. Good modders (we need guys who know how to create new units, tilesets, etc.)
9. Good gamers (testers)
10. Musicians (we want 2 new tracks for each race).
This is a dream that can be achieved if we all work together. If you´re interested in contributing, PM Haladras, mutalisk332 or ProphetofChaos for points 1 and 2; ITSTORRASQUE4U, PharaZon or InsaneExecutor for points 3, 4 and 10; and DoctorTerabyte or Flametrooper for points 8 and 9.
Honestly I think it's a pretty stupid idea, but they're looking for melee maps to include. I think we have a bit of responsibility here.
The problem is I'm not sure if they mean they want maps with the current editor or a modded one.
Thoughts? Should we just ignore this completely? >_>
Hmm... They want
a) a "new engine"
b) do this by modding
So... Can you mod a new engine into SC? Can you even call it an expansion then?
And when they really want to make another expansion, there should be at least 1 new tileset... With inverted ramps of course ;)