ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - main
Shinhan ProLeague Maps
page: 1 2 3
epidiOn
Okay, Manifesto7 agreed to talk to me about maps for TLT. He says that maps for the Beta are already set, but he's willing to bring in a BWM map for TLT Season One.

Everyone list our best examples of each:
Standard 4 player map
Innovative 2 player map (no spells)
Island map
Spells on map
2007, 04, 21 07:15
Nightmarjoo
Lexington
Pallisade? or Sleeping Sun Final
Montsegur
Angband 3600 ft. 1.1!

idk if it's best list, but I think it is ok. Angband would be cool, it's certainly innovative and has spells, as for balance I have noticed or been convinced of any balance issues. I think some of our oldest maps are better than some of these, but I wanted to not pick maps from those who are long gone. I like Pallisade though, bwm mappers don't make island maps very often. I'm sure you will reccomend Nautilus, and it is ok of course. Sleeping Sun is good, even if it is a scout map :D
Montsegur is very innovative and is (2). Entheogenic is also an innovative (2), but idk if LGI would let us use it.
flo's dream catcher is good too for that position.

Personally I really don't like chop suey -_-
2007, 04, 21 08:22
Nightmarjoo
O and goodjob on convincing mani.
2007, 04, 21 08:23
NastyMarine
(4)Nazca
(2)Undying Lands
(4)Nautilus
(4)Avatar
2007, 04, 21 08:38
epidiOn
In addition, can someone give me a list of maps with spells on them? I only know to search for LostTampon, I'm not sure which other mappers use spells.

And honestly, if he asks for an island, I'm telling him Nautilus, no question. So forget that.

Best standard 4player map
Best innovative map
Best spells map
2007, 04, 21 14:43
ScoutWBF
Standard 4 player map: Roundn Rollin or Wish. They both play really well and are standart in their own way. (I just wanted to mention them ~_~)
Innovative 2 player map (no spells): This is too difficult to pick one map. I'll have to think about that.
Island map: Sleeping Sun Final
Spells on map: Angband

I don't know why everybody thinks Nautilus is the best air map. The mains look really weird and they are to different from each other. Also it is impossible to stop somebody from dropping in the middle because he has to fly only a minimal distance. In my opinion Nautilus has too many positional differences and this makes it pos imbalanced!
modified by ScoutWBF
2007, 04, 21 15:42
flothefreak
Standard 4 player map: Sacred Grounds comes to me right now.

Innovative 2 player map (no spells): undying lands is certainly good. i dont have any other idea right now. well, of course i'd be very happy with a map of mine on this spot, so dreamcatcher has my blessing as well ;P

Island map: sleeping sun is a good map, but not "the best". pallisade or nautilus. both have some interesting elements. and please, stop pushing sleeping sun all the time, as if it was the hell of a excellent map. it is a good map, but for gods sake, stop trying to bitch it into ANY pack/release/league/vote that occurs. really, it's annoying and actually decreases the reputation/accepting of the map.

Spells on map: Avatar for sure. but not angband imo. it has spells, yeah, but not in a way which changes gameplay totally. you may use the d-webs behind the minerals and the Dswarm some times, but they arent as crucial as in avatar. plus, we already have an airmap as fix spot, and angband is kind of an airmap. nothing can compete with avatar here. maybe DisFac - but only from the use of spells - so i dont think it can beat avatar in general; for it has serious flaws and problems. so spells-map is Avatar clearly.
modified by flothefreak
2007, 04, 21 16:32
ScoutWBF
Airmap:1.Sleeping Sun 2.Pallisade 3.NAutilus (Ranking)
2007, 04, 21 17:49
Nightmarjoo
Nasty's vote is boring as hell. MOTY and Nautilus. =/ I wouldn't be against those maps, but half of those are in Carrier already, and we've shown them Avatar several times before =/
...but those are probably the maps we'll end up picking =/

lol yeah I understand what you mean about angband flo, I just like it is all :) It's much more of an island map than a spell map, but it's too different to be our only island choice, and spells is not part of the concept, just tries to help it.

I really disliked Sacred Grounds when I played it last. It doesn't feel very good, I don't like the nat at all, among other things.

idk Nazca/Avatar would be ok, I don't think Nautilus is our absolute best island, and although they'd probably like undying, I think we have better innovative (2)maps.
2007, 04, 21 19:34
ScoutWBF
Yeah Sacred Grounds plays really weird. You can just make a huge tank wall and wait for the openent to run into it and die. Wow this sounds like fun right?!
2007, 04, 21 23:31
flothefreak
that is how all LT, Luna, Longinus, Azalea, Arcadia, BloodBath, Rush Hour games play. the only option is to make a tankwall, even the Ps and Zs do this. and then one tankwall walks into the opposite one.

oh, i just realised the backing arguments, descriptions and sensible arguing style are lacking in my post. sorry, this was on purpose.

by the way, sleeping sun plays really weird, too. you can just make dropships and drop the opponent to death without any variety. Wow this sounds like fun right?!

stupid.
modified by flothefreak
2007, 04, 21 23:44
ScoutWBF
Mass drops are fun for the whole family!
2007, 04, 21 23:52
Nightmarjoo
lol you dodge the point that sacred grounds is a bad point =/
2007, 04, 22 00:29
ScoutWBF
Sleeping Sun is the best air map because it is Map of the 1st April/Map of the Year.

Now beat this argument!
2007, 04, 22 02:11
Crimson)S(hadow
hmm if they want standard then i say Nazca
2007, 04, 22 03:04
Nightmarjoo
rofl scout :D
2007, 04, 22 05:44
epidiOn
Avatar is really our best spells map? I guess it is the most drastic in terms of gameplay, but I thought people went crazy with spell maps after it was released, so I was hoping to see some of them. I like Chop Suey a fair bit, but I think I'd prefer a more conventional nat setup.
2007, 04, 23 05:44
spinesheath
I has a bucket! Your arguments are invalid!
2007, 04, 23 15:37
Nightmarjoo
1907 1915 1930 1953 1967 1975 1986 1992 1995 1996 2005 2021 2024 2038 2053 2063 2066 2086 2091 2100 2121 2122 2136 2137 2141 2145 2149 2164 2176

I think these are all the mapids of spells maps here, I may have missed some, and I may have mistyped/included one without spells too. I hope it helps you =/
2007, 04, 23 22:09
epidiOn
NMJ, thanks a ton for the list. Much appreciated.

Here's my personal favorites of the list:
Disruptive Factor
Shadow Word
The Last Conflict
Corsair Hangar
Supermassive Black Hole
2007, 04, 24 00:36
page: 1 2 3

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (2)Scab & Rust