Edit map

Forum - main
SC2 Gas Issue
page: 1
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=121686
looks like somebody noticed that there is still gas issue
don't know if what he says is legit but whatever
2010, 04, 27 18:54
it was hard enough to not have gas issue in sc 1 with 1 vespine gas now you have to care about 2.. o.O i don't believe this guy's results are that different tho.. you can't mine 4 times faster from 1 gayser.. blizzard would know if such a huge diference existed..
2010, 04, 28 11:12
It's only an issue if you use less than 3 harvesters. Since most builds use either 3 or 6 havesters anyways it doesn't matter that much.

I will probably start using a build where I stay on 2 drones on gas for a while though, and if it proves effective we'll have our real SC2 gas issue back because the geysirs mine at different rates if you have 2 workers set on those.

I would appreciate it if the resources were placed on a finer grid than other buildings, and distance to the CC/Nex/hatch should not be rectangle-based but circle-based.
2010, 04, 28 22:15
Another thing is that minerals are gathered extremly quick.. i hardly can keep up to using all of them o.O
2010, 04, 28 23:00
Could someone create an SC2 map similar to my gas_issue BW map, testing the mining efficiency with all 3 races on all possible geysir positions, for 2 and 3 workers on each geysir? I'm not very fond of the new editor and don't want to spend so much time learning how to use it just for a few research projects.

If you would just do part of the work I'd be very happy too. I need the map at least, should be able to run the tests myself if you send it to me.
If you want to, you can do all the work as well, would be fine with me ;)

Here's what the map should do:

I assume that you can create triggers or whatever they are called now to send the workers on gas automatically and also stop harvesting automatically. You should do one test run with 2 and one with 3 workers, start at a certain amount of gas and then after like 10 minutes you stop harvesting and write down the leftover gas on each geysir.

If you make the map for me I'll make sure to give credit to you when I release the results. If you do all the work I don't need any credit at all.
2010, 04, 29 23:44
Ok, I managed it by myself. Damn that was a lot of work...

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=123692
2010, 05, 05 22:32
page: 1

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (4)Innocence Faded
Newest updates:
  (2)Dusk_0.60
  (4)Blustercrux_0.60
  (4)Daedalus_0.60
  (4)Aquamarine_0.60