Broodwarmaps admins Nightmarjoo and Starparty have together sealed a deal with Team Liquid administrator Plexa to help promote custom made broodwar maps. A new broodwarmaps member fee will help secure our maps in the current major foreign StarCraft leagues.
- We have very high expectations on this collaboration, says Starparty.
Basically, a yearly member fee from broodwarmaps users will help promote custom made maps and secure their usage in the major foreign leagues, such as ICCup. The fee is not requested from every member on BWMN, but in order to be able to compete in site competitions, such as Map of the Month, a 10$ fee needs to be payed once every year.
- The deal is quite simple, says Starparty. To add your map into the MOTM map pool and competing for the winning title you need to pay a yearly 10$ fee. This fee enables you to enter the next 12 competitions as soon as your payment has been accepted.
The money will be used to pay league managers to incorporate BWMN user maps into their leagues.
- We have already established contact with TeamLiquid administrator Plexa with promises of BWMN maps used regularly in TLS for the moderate amount of 250$ per tournament, says Starparty. This might be a real upswing for the foreign custom broodwarmap community. 250$ shared over the entire member pool of BWMN is basically nothing. It’s like paying 25$ each or something.
Plexa was hooked on the idea emediatelly as it was presented to him.
- If you want your ad in the local newspaper you obviously have to pay for it. I see no difference here.
Broodwarmaps is also on the verge of settling an agreement with ICCup. By doing this, BWMN will also be able to try out more experimental concepts since the payment guarantees the map stays in the pack for the entire tournament´, unless the stats favour one race with more than a 70>30 ratio in the first 500 games.
- ICCup map pack will, according to this agreement, slowly but surely adjust until it's 50-50 for korean-bwm maps, says BWMN administrator Nightmarjoo. We believe we can achieve this for a sum less than 750$. I mean, this isn’t really something new. How do you think Faoi got into the map pool?
Team Liquid veteran CharlieMurphy, also known as SpoR[MeCh] on Broodwarmaps.net is very enthusiastic to the coming collaborations.
- Great, I might finally see Blood Bath v42.567 in the ICCup map pool!
To pay your member fee to be able to compete in the BWMN MOTW competition, please send 10$ in a sealed envelope with your username on it to: Paul-Gabriel “Panschk” Müller, Blitzkriegstrasse 42, O-1155 Berlin.
Some of the money *might* also go to up the BWMN site design slightly. Developers are currently experimenting with a jungle theme.
Nice job Starparty. I usually make one myself, I'm glad you made one.
"Team Liquid veteran CharlieMurphy, also known as SpoR[MeCh] on Broodwarmaps.net is very enthusiastic to the coming collaborations.
- Great, I might finally see Blood Bath v42.567 in the ICCup map pool!"
Love that line.