|Back to "final" maps. Show all maps.|
Last update for (2)Plated Pride : 2005, 12, 13 16:57
|mapID||Mapname (comments)||map size||Author||Rating||Type||play type|
|412|| (2)Plated Pride|| 128*128||KingFiercer||0.8||final|
The map has been rated 61 times and got a total of 50 points
You can rate the map here. Chose a grade between 10 (best) and 0 (worst).
|Thats a loooooooooooooong way for units to walk.|
|First of, the level of decoration is on Starparty-level, very beautiful.|
I actually like the very long distances, they allow players to play more "risky" strategies than they would normally do.
There are some things I dislike though:
1) Mineral and Gas placement in main. Leave a bit more space to build defense there etc.
2) Mainbase size. For a map that is going to be macro-oriented like yours, you need enough space for like 20 gates imo.
3) The middle (bottom) seems much to narrow to me. Imo the middle part with the broken low ground should be walkable, or the lower path where the expansion is should be wider.
|Nice map, but you really need to do sth about the mineral placement. muta/reaver harrass can be a real pain in the ass, if you can't build defense behind your mineral line, then your workers get stuck, if you build supply there, etc.|
|Very original idea, id love to play on this because it would bring out such different games!|
|The map is great for a tank push. I've got all i need. I can even attack his entry from the cliff ^^|
|True, and/but the distance is horrible long. Good for vultures but bad for tanks. they take hours to get there. I se mutas very good here. the base to base distance is quite short and the mineralline of the main is at the "spacecliff" in the center.|
And as also already mentioned, the cliffs in front of the choke are total T ownage. Think T and Z have the best chances here. P only in PvZ with corsairs.
Well, what to do:
- Delete these cliffs in front of the choke, or move them to "normal" cliffs instead.
- move the mainbse mineralline >away from the mapedge and away from the space cliff next to it.
- after removing the cliff in front of the main, you may have enough building space, but pnschk is right, you need much room to build gates.
- test the length between bases ingame, Aegis from Spitfire already has n uncomfortable long distance between bases, and yours seems twice as long O_o that may be totally annoying. But changes gameplay then. Dunno if people want to play it then.
- decoration - perfect.
Upload replay for this map
Add your comment:
Because of heavy spam on the map comments, it is needed to be logged in to post. We are sorry that this has to be done because nothing else stops spam bots