page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
SUPEROUMAN
LOL I STOLEZ YOUR NAME IN WHITE NORMAL FONT ALL CAPS
2010, 07, 31 07:16
LasTCursE
who the fuck are you ?
2010, 07, 31 12:03
ProTosS4EveR
superouman is my new nickname on sc2 and tl.net , however someone took it on bwmn

on bwmn i am and always be protoss4ever, no matter what

i believe nightmarjoo made this account ;D
modified by ProTosS4EveR
2010, 07, 31 14:23
Nightmarjoo
Who me!?
2010, 08, 02 04:44
ProTosS4EveR
whatever, i dont care :)
2010, 08, 02 12:39
Testbug
LOL!!!! it was surely him!
and nice maps :)

i don't know how to mape maps for sc2 :S
do i need a special software or something? :(
2010, 08, 02 19:44
LasTCursE
you need StarCraft 2, the editor is in the folder when you install the game

i can't wait to see your sc 2 maps, since your sc 1 maps were awesome =]

(and ofcourse the next wave of p4e's maps xD)
modified by LasTCursE
2010, 08, 02 20:36
ProTosS4EveR
lastcurse, my next wave of maps will blow your mind, srsly
2010, 08, 02 21:01
LasTCursE
i hope so ;p
2010, 08, 02 22:31
ProTosS4EveR
personally, i blew my mind myself :o
modified by ProTosS4EveR
2010, 08, 03 01:35
Testbug
nah, i'm too old now :)
i'm a serious person who only has time for serious thing :P

i'm too important to make sc2 maps :(
and i don't have time to understand how to play a totally new game, in order to make balanced maps.

i noticed there is a terran unit who can climb up the cliff :( if someone can tell me what features help each race, i'll propably understand why does all this map have 2 gas geysers in each expansion :(

there is no heavy macro ground units in starcraft 2? like 200/200 vultures+tanks vs 200/200 zealots+dragoons? ;_;
2010, 08, 03 03:44
Testbug
oh, and your 3 players map sux hard :D
i am working on a new version of chars hills, but i want to know if i am wasting my time, here it is:

2010, 08, 03 04:12
neobowman
TESTBUG IS ALIVE!!!!

Also, SC2 so far is the same in map balance as SC1 as far as I can tell. Make maps in SC2 that would be good in Brood War and you're set. Gas only gives 4 per trip now so you need 2 geysers at each base.
2010, 08, 03 09:29
LasTCursE
cuz you gain 5 minerals per scv and only 4 gas that's why if you need more gas you get 2 gaysers :]

Protoss also has a unit that can climb cliff called a "Colosus" it has a very long range if you upgrade it and can pwn hydras :

Zerg dosen't have units that can hop over cliffs but it does have units that can move while burrowed (Roach,Infester) Infestor is the new defiler in some sort but with more shitty spells (no plague or dark swarm) Infestors can also cast Infested Terrans while they are still underground

Every race has it's own unique way to pump out units faster

Protoss has an ability called "Chrono boost" it requires 25 energy and it's casted from your Nexus it reduces the build time on the target Unit/Upgrade/Research by 10 seconds

Terrans have 2 new types of addons
A tech lab witch when builded it allows you to make more advanced units
and
A Reactor witch makes the building crate 2 units at the same time (You can only pump Marines/Hellions(a mix between the vulture and a firebath)/Vikings(the replacement of the wraith.. it can go to Ground mode or Air mode and it has a very long range like the colosus when in air mode)/and Medivacs(mix between Dropship and a Medic)

And the zerg..
When blizzard saw that the queen wasn't used as much in SC 1 and they decided to make it more of unit that will stand up to that name and be important to the zerg players and so they made her a Ground unit costing 150 minerals made by the Hatchery the Queen is very important in every match played! it has 3 abilities
The first is the "Larva injection" witch makes 6 additional larvas on the target Hatchery/Lair/Hive
The second is "Creep Tumors" the creep tumor is a thing that makes a large creep cirkle around it.. it takes about 15-30 second to deploy in witch time it is visible for the enemy units after that you need a detector or scan to find it.. (Zerg units get bonus speed when they are on creep now)
And the third is "Trasfusion" witch basicly heals the target unit or building (i don't remember how much it cost tho cuz i don't play zerg xD)

Terrans can upgrade they command centers to "Planetery Fortress"(can't lift off,requires eng bay to build(witch also can't lift off when build in sc 2) the PF has a canon thing on it's roof that shoots enemy units and has aditional health or armor but im not sure about that
or
"Orbital Command" witch is more important cuz it grants you Mules that are a unit spawned from the OC they last 60 seconds and carry alot more resourses than the scv
you can also use the Scanner Sweep from the OC(PF dosen't have any abilities and no scanner sweep)
but PF's on the other hand can save your expansions when attacked :

Battle cruiser and Carier still remain in the game but the Zerg has a replacement for the Guardians/Devolvers witch is called a BroodLord (fires broodlings and it's very affective against grounds armyes cuz the units shoot the broodlings by default cuz they are making the damage) the broodlord is made by Evolving the Coruptor witch is the new Devoulver

hmm what else is new.. xD ah yeah the Baneling witch is basicly like that suicide unit from sc 1 just less powerfull and morphed from zerglings when you already build a "Banelings Nest"

The terrasn don't have Science Vessels the new Detector is Called a "Raven" and it has 3 abilities
First is "Auto turret" the name tells you what is basicly lol
Second is "Point defence Drone" witch is a small thingy that deflects any ranged attacks towards your army in it's perimeter (and it lasts pretty longs too..)
i don't remember the third lol

and that's basicly what's new (i might be missing some things tho..)
2010, 08, 03 12:17
Testbug
can someone give me a nice PvT game? i need to know why are the SC2 maps so tight!

there are no more ground combat? like 200/200 vultures+tanks vs 200/200 +zealots+dragoons?

i don't know the new build orderds, does the nat need to be sunkable? forge+cannonable? does hydra all in > protoss FE??? is a closable with 2supply deppots + rax nat ima?
2010, 08, 04 01:37
LasTCursE
it's now
For Terran
Marauder+Marine+Medivac (Optional Ghost for EMP depends on do he has HT or Archons)

Tanks+Vikings (optional hellion depends on do he has alot of zealots and HT)

Banshee+Viking (optional marines) this build it's not very popular

For Protoss
Mass Stalker+"Blink" Resaerched later on (if the player is good..)

Stalker+Sentry+Zealots (Optional Imortals or Colosus depends on the build he is going..

for a mech build - Imortals
for a infantry build - Colosus+Termal Lance Upg)

Stalker+Zealot+HT

the most used builds.. (in unit compilation wise)

You can find alot of SC 2 videos here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/HuskyStarcraft
http://www.youtube.com/user/HDstarcraft
http://www.youtube.com/user/BlizShouter
http://www.youtube.com/day9tv

Hydra all in against a Protoss player's wall in that has colosus in the back is a suicide for the Zerg..

The main ramp definetly should be wallable cuz terrans do that almost every game (there is alot of gay rushers..) but the natural are rarely walled off..

Forge expands are something that isn't that used too.. they make a Pylon and the Nexus or directly the Nexus from what i've seen..

Maps are tight cuz units are alot more flexible now..
Vikings can land/Go airborne
Reapers can hop cliffs
Colosus can walk directly up the cliff
Stalkers can Blink on cliffs
Roach can move while burrowed
Infestor can move while burrowed
Zealots have Charge

i don't know if that's the only reason tho.. may be cuz armyes gather up in a ball if they are in the same Control groupwhen you move them..
modified by LasTCursE
2010, 08, 04 08:43
neobowman
Watch a few Day9 Dailies. Most give you a solid idea on the strategies.

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=104154
2010, 08, 04 10:54
LasTCursE
Anyone else besides P4e's awesome maps,Marajojo's Jungle/Lava mix and my shitty attempt at maping that have made a map for starcraft 2 ?
modified by LasTCursE
2010, 08, 06 21:02
ProTosS4EveR
i saw neobownman making a sc2 version of grand line

and added 2 maps to the op post~ :)

i'm also planning to do an other 3p map, i hope it will be better than the first one
modified by ProTosS4EveR
2010, 08, 07 17:27
LasTCursE
Damn i just got back from vacation and if that Princess fortress isn't a nice way to say "Welcome"

love it xD
2010, 08, 15 18:11
page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (3)Concord Triad
Newest updates:
  (3)Downtown 0.84
  (3)A-Team 0.81
  (3)Endgame 0.66
  (2)Odd-Eye 4.2b