Map DB
ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - main
BWMN mappack
page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Lis' already talked to me about it, and I begin to think that we need this. What am I talking about?

A mappack of 8-20 maps (The exact number is something I am not sure of) with very good maps from the DB from different authors, that we will play regulary and that should show to the world our skill in mapmaking. I tend to prefering "classic" maps instead of green hell or KotA style maps because most players have trouble adjusting to this. Maybe we can have another mappack later with the greatest innovative maps, but for now I'd go for style, balancing and playability. A 50/50 or 60/40 mix of 2/3 player maps and 4 player maps looks like a good idea to me:

Shangri-La
Temple of Eden
Origo Hills
Goddess of Day
Dirz
Space Pirates
Kingdom of Aragua
Ebulliton
Aegis
Colonization
Innocence faded
Jaculus
S ignal

That's just a proposal, although I think it's already a nice mappack ;)
2005, 11, 01 09:19
oh and maybe one map by each boongee, noname and Milleniumarmy? hm there are going to be good maps left out, that's sure. But for maximimum support it would be helpful if every major mapper here would be represented. (Of course only being active is not enough if the maps just don't have the level we want)
2005, 11, 01 09:27
i prefer vega 1.10 before ebullition... its just a better map. (i dont really understand how ebullition won anyway...)

This is probably a better idea than Mutual Dream and should perhaps replace that project.
2005, 11, 01 09:55
And dont use aegis. That map was not very fun to play and it was way too big. SpitFire has made way better maps.
2005, 11, 01 10:00
I changed my mind slightly: I don't want more than 2 maps per mapper, but I want every top-level author represented. New suggestion:

Starparty: Shangri-La, Space Pirates
Listoric: Temple of Eden
flothefreak: Origo Hills
Spitfire: Goddess of Day
trcc: S ignal, Kingdom of aragua
Summersky: innocence faded
yenku: solar disarray
boongee: Nightlight
Travin: Dirz, Crusader
[Milleniumarmy: Mysterious Star]
XuuL: Regnum Noctis/Templeoftwilight/Dawn of epsilon
[MuShU: Xeno_Twisted]
noname: Carribean Dreams
Bill (even though he is not really active here): Counterpoint
[cyanides: Knight]
[aiurz: Lex Aeterna]
[Kingfiercer: has good decoration on his maps, but none of them looks very enjoyable to play, so none]
[Hans-Titan: hm I love River of gods, but only in the ESGL version, not his edit^^]
[og)LoNiC: The only map with potential from him in the DB would be grains of rock, but the version he uploaded is too imbalanced, so no]

psychotempler, epidion, striker, LGI, CZ_satik and others are clearly not on the level we need yet.

All authors in brackets [] are those where it's questionable if we include one of their maps at all, at least imo.
2005, 11, 01 11:05
oh well..
[panschk: North Pole (play it safe, but very boring)/colonization]. Hum, I really need to do a great map one day :[
2005, 11, 01 11:13
As said, in the P:MD comments as well as yesterday evening. The BWMN mappack idea (brought up by Starparty as new P:MD idea) is good. I'd love to have a mappack to play on, after i play more the last trime, these usermaps just are sooo good so i just HAVE to play them, awesome.

Still, i have no idea how to promote a Mappack like this. We would need a big tournament or something like that, with permanent news on GG.net, PGTour, BW.de to get enough players and interest in new maps.

So, as SP said, we may change our P:MD to this Mappack Sugguestion for the world thing... still doubt it works, but after these maps are so much fun to play, it is obviously worth a try. GOGOGO :)
2005, 11, 01 11:34
Well, we just post everywhere we created a mappack, that can be used
a) For playing "just like that", because they are all fun maps, by the average player
b) To pick some for a mappack for whatever league/tourney. It is easier to pick 1 or two from 20 than from 500 maps.
c) Most important, we do this for ourselves. I want to play user maps, but I want to play some that are balanced, playable, as bug free as possible and beautiful.

All maps will be with melee and obs version, either me or SP should do the final edit.
2005, 11, 01 11:39
True, also one or two airmaps could be in the pack. Actually i like playing airmaps, even if i don't have a clue how to play it ^_^
2005, 11, 01 11:51
We should also try to be linked everywhere. I sit down and craete another small banner.
2005, 11, 01 11:51
I think it is more important to create a good mappack instead of having everyone represented, since everyobe isnt represented anyway. The maps should complement eachother a bit, and i dont wanna compile a hasty mappack of the maps that "has the highest rating" or "nicest jpeg", well you get my point. post your suggestions for maps, but motivate them too. The mappack should be really great since we are great in making maps. Nothing below that level is ok.
2005, 11, 01 12:50
word!

^^

So we should lo sit down and play heavily on the sugguested maps, with lots of replays and analysis.
2005, 11, 01 13:19
You are right, not everyone can be represented. Still I want to have a decent amount of different mappers in it, if the maps are good enough. Here the maps _I_ really want:

Shangri-La
Space Pirates
Goddess of day
Signal
Kingdom of argua
Innocence faded
Regnum noctis
River of gods (ESGL edit by panschk^_^;)
Temple of Eden
Counterpoint
Scorpion Desert
For boongee, noname, travin there is no map that I like that much that I can't imagine the MP without it, but they still all three should get a map in it (travin probably even two)

Help me a bit with naming maps and authors now, Or should I decide alone? :D
2005, 11, 01 13:31
at least tell me why your first-post suggestion and your "what I really want"-post differ concerning Origo Hills :<
2005, 11, 01 14:32
:P

Well, the bug with the confused workers at the top left min only still exists (you need to place a turret like I did to reproduce it)
The map should make it though, I probably just forgot it.]
2005, 11, 01 15:30
eh you're right. never seen something like that. I guess it's the tilesetramp, the "manner turret" (lol), the doodad behind mineral line, the closeness of minblocks to the edge, or a mixture of it-
still, I have no idea what to do about this...
maybe it's just to rearrange minerals so they can't be blocked by "manner-turret"
2005, 11, 01 16:20
yeah, rearrange them and then play the map with cheats and try different positions for manner turret^^
2005, 11, 01 16:48
lol manner turret, strange things goin' on ;)
2005, 11, 01 16:55
I will put togheter a sugegstion, just give me a minute.
2005, 11, 01 17:09
Here are the most easylearned maps which i think matches the purpose of the mappack. i try to put the maps in genres to get some overall statistics of th emaps in my suggestion mappack. I try to make up terms so you understand :o

SP:
Shangri-La (Side power)
Arena (central power)

Trcc:
Kingdom of Aragua (central power)
S ignal (central power)

Boongee:
Nightlight (various)
Diamond Valley (central power)

Travin:
Crusader (central power)
Kaiber (central power)

Panchk:
Colonization (air)

Listoric:
Temple of Eden (remove MD map) (central power)
Amistad (air)

Flothefreak:
Origo Hills (finnish it) (central power)
Eviscerasion (all cheese)

Spitfire:
Goddess of Day (central power)

XuuL:
Dawn of Epsilon (playtest) (central power?)

Summersky:
Ode to the sun (various)

total: 16 Maps
7 (2)playermaps, 9 (4)playermaps

Is ok?
2005, 11, 01 17:51
mostly central power maps, but you wanted not too much fancy stuff. Eviceration is the most outrageous gameplaywise in this pack
2005, 11, 01 17:54
page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (2)Rumble in the ..
Newest updates:
  (4)Maw of the Dee..
  (4)Diamondback 1.1
  (4)Aquamarine 1.01
  (8)19977383763838..
  (2)Dusk_0.60