ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - main
BWMN mappack
page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Starparty
I dont thing bill307 shall have maps in this mappack. he has never commented anything here, never helped with anything here and he keeps putting a bad attitude towards us and our mapmaking passion.

As for the less biased facts, his maps looks boring, unoriginal, plain and undecorated. There is no reason, both imo and in general, to put his maps in the pack.
2005, 11, 04 13:43
Your Name
i agree with SP

btw... im pro Crusader, i think its Travins best map
2005, 11, 04 14:38
LGI
Good luck...

:(
2005, 11, 04 14:59
Listoric
? LGI come on, show us that you can do even better and you will have a map in the pack as well.
2005, 11, 04 16:06
Listoric
btw there is a Blizzard map with the name Crusader already i think.
2005, 11, 04 16:07
Listoric
Actually i prefer innocence faded before ode ot the sun of summersky. Still he hasn't managed to change the ramps, which really makes me sad. It's a 10 seconds change o_O

Anyway Crusader looks good, jsut wrote a comment.
2005, 11, 04 16:17
AiurZ
oops forgot my name
2005, 11, 04 20:40
Starparty
Posted by bill on tl.net

"Starparty you vastly overrate broodwarmaps.net -_-. The recommended section only makes the site look worse: as an "objective" measure, I see that only one of the 5 Blizzcon maps is there. So that's 4 maps that should trump almost (if not) every other map in the list, yet they're not present. Furthermore, I can think of at least several other maps that are far better than a lot of the ones listed, and they aren't present either. Not to mention how many of those maps are NOT good at all. Needless to say, I am not looking forward to the pinnacle maps package.

Also, saying that the database includes over 300 usermaps is not helping your cause, because we can't predict what % of the maps are actually good. In fact, it makes the site WORSE, because that means it would take longer to go through all those maps to try to find the good ones."

as far as i concern he can burn in hell, and personally i will not welcome him into any activity i enter if i make it someday.
2005, 11, 04 21:08
flothefreak
well, the fact that he can think of several better maps that aren't in rec. section should be easily warded off with the little detail that's only ID 1-200 so far T_T
2005, 11, 04 22:02
MuShu
(4)Aphrodite 1.0 from MA could be a possibility.
2005, 11, 05 01:24
Listoric
And the blizzcon maps are good, not excellent imo... also the recommended list is just a list of great maps, not the best ever. :/ interesting that he knows the best maps around but has no interest in commenting on one of them. last thing is, that the own taste is different from mapper to mapper. Well, what to say, sad that he does not like our site, while most of us do. and when i look at the quality of the maps, they are by far better now than when we started, and that is ust a few months ago.

gogo bwmn :)
2005, 11, 05 01:58
Starparty
Absolutely. Does anyone know if aphrodite actually is a good map? When we decided that as MotW i couldnt play sc so i have no idea.
2005, 11, 05 11:14
flothefreak
well, another idea...
what if every rec-map has to have at least 3 replays? so we can make sure that the map IN GAMEPLAY isn't fucked up...although we can't say it's definetly recommended/good/balanced/etc we can at least make sure that it is suitable and playable, which can't be told by the image alone.
So we could provide a slightly better backing on those maps.

I know that this will take time to play...but if we start playing those from time to time, we'll easily do this. in addition, those maps _get_played_ which will help a lot because playing on maps of different auhtor can give you hell inspiration. and well, those map get played! this is what the site is about.
and it offers an incentive to visitors to download this map when they see there have been games played on it, so others play this map as well.
2005, 11, 05 12:23
flothefreak
well...a bit off topic.
i gonna c&p it in feedback-thread ^^
2005, 11, 05 12:24
XuuL
thats a good point flo ;)

if maps have lot of serious replays (y only 3?.. could be even 10), its sth like a proof that the map is well-tested
2005, 11, 05 20:15
panschk
okay, we should not give up on it now that we are that close:
These maps are set:
Shangri La
Arena
Kingdom of Aragua
Signal
Goddess of Day
Origo Hills
Colonization
Ode to the sun
Regnum Noctis
Temple of Eden
Amistad

I want to add:
noname: Carribean Dreams
boongee: Nightlight
Travin: Dirz, Crusader (Maybe re-name it to Travinīs crusade or something?)
Aiurz: Eden of Aiur
Mushu: Xeno_Twisted 2.0
MA: Mysterious star (There is no 4 player island map in it wihout that map!)

11+7= 18 maps.
2005, 11, 07 10:23
panschk
Oh, please just say OK and let me start doing the mappack ;)
2005, 11, 07 10:25
Starparty
i dont like eden of aiur. other than that its ok
2005, 11, 07 12:18
panschk
Hm nobody posted a further opinion. I just finished making it. There are some problems with Origo Hills, as I can't make an obs version without Staredit, and staredit removes the sprites that make the ramp ramps look good.

Should I upload the mappack regardless? (I will leave eden of aiur out, it would need a little change for positional balancing anyway :()
2005, 11, 07 23:13
decaf
Not to promote myself or anything, but i just updated twisted temple, someone tell me if it is worth considering

http://broodwarmaps.net/
2005, 11, 07 23:17
page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (8)Frozen Sea
Newest updates:
  (2)Odd-Eye 4.2b
  (4)Diamondback 1.1b
  (4)Maw of the Dee..
  (4)Aquamarine 1.01