ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - main
Who has the most maps here?
page: 1 2
Grief_Stricken
fact - hmm? look who's wander from the actual subject of this thread - this is a fact!criticizing something doesn't means you whining about something - in your age you should be able to see the difference.with my comments i try to improve things around;like drawbacks in competitions,flaws in maps,whatever else.

i guess no one can accuse me by spamming the site.i won't accuse those who really do it;i supposse it is their nature - they simply need it to feel well.and aparently they have the time to do it - like you can see in these stats.and this is not a critique - it is a logic diagnosis based on these stats.

fact is that stats aren't significant when you tryin' to judge the quality of something;the only informations they can give is about quantity.if someone made 30 or 40 or 50 maps so far it doesn't really matters,so far they don't have a good quality.no matter if tktkwroom has 55 maps in the pool,arden(wof) with his 24 is still the better mapper - it isn't necessary to debate about now.it is enough to check his maps.the same for excalibur(44maps)< noname(23)or siabbo(32)< antares(12).for instance! nothing in these stats will ever give you these informations!

the same for all the comments that a person ever write.if 30% of them are lol's they can give you a taste about the quality of his comments.so don't let these stats to cloud your mind.

btw,your comment is funny;unintended of course,yet funny.

modified by Grief_Stricken
2008, 06, 25 17:57
spinesheath
a) There you go again.

b) Nobody ever tried to connect map quality with these stats except for you.

c) It was intended.
2008, 06, 25 18:08
Grief_Stricken
for all your 3 little statements i have an answer in draft.just open a map in draft like usually.than choose -scenario-map description-wav editor.under available mpq sound files choose :

for a. sound-Protoss-Artanis-PAtPss01.wav
for b. sound-Terran-DUKEB-UDupss02.wav
for c. sound-Terran-KERRIGAN-UKePss02.wav
2008, 06, 25 20:09
spinesheath
sound-Terran-FRIGATE-TVkPss00.WAV

btw, you really should have taken this one:
sound-Protoss-Witness-PWiPss02.WAV
modified by spinesheath
2008, 06, 25 20:46
Nightmarjoo
lol, er thanks for proving my point I guess.

Hm, one thing you neglected to say, is that all of Arden's maps are old and have many problems and imbalances which were overlooked at the time, whereas tktkvroom for example is still adapting to the modern standards of mapping, so while relative to time period Arden may be the better mapper, tk will surpass Arden if he hasn't already.
2008, 06, 25 20:52
Grief_Stricken
man spinesheath,you have a grim sense of humor.it only remains to say, sound-Protoss-DARKTEMPLAR-PDTPss00.WAV. i mean something can't be at the same time interessting & also stupid - maybe for you,idk.about the second one i don't know what you tryin' to say;nor i see any relation to the actual discussion.but who cares about,right?

and nmjoo - he just tryin' to defend,not very successful,your absent ass;that's everything..

to the basic content of your reply.i disagree with it all along the line;and it lacks your reason when you judge the work of mappers.great mappers aren't great because they deliver a 100% flaw free map.evry nobody can do this if you explain him some basics.a mapper is great because of his fantasy and how he use it to create maps like no others before.creativity cannont be learned nor it is a substitute for it.

"modern standards of mapping"- just a wordplay good only to impress noobs with it;basically there are only good & bad maps.i told you more than once that inverted ramps/spells/etc are never a substitute for original styled maps.if i look to maps like geometry or python i dont have a good feeling about anything, no matter what tools/setup the authors used.about the style of these maps don't make me start - it is more than pathetic;just primitive.they simply aren't a match for older maps like sattarchasm or prelude of light(only to choose the same tileset);and this under evry aspect.sure u can create easier today a 100% balanced map - but balance alone isn't enough for a outstanding map.

so just because someone upgrade his maps every now and then doesn't means these maps are now great.no!he cure them from imbas,or other flaws - that's everything.i salute this course of action,but this doesn't change radically a map.that's why you can create 100 perfect balanced maps in one year - this won't make you a great mapper.sooner you will need a creative new concept + a very good execution + a natural look over the entire map + a good balance;not necessary a perfect balance like you always suggest in your comments.

and that's for you nmjoo: sound-Terran-DROPSHIP-TDrPss01.wav -.-
2008, 06, 26 02:13
illisid
number of comments must mean average comments on that person's maps. like nasty has an average of 24ish comments on each of HIS maps (not his comments on others' maps)

and sorry if this was in on of greif's long-winded posts... i dont read his posts...
modified by illisid
2008, 06, 26 04:22
NastyMarine
that makes sense
2008, 06, 26 04:24
Nightmarjoo
Grief, please name some "great" maps of the past, and I'll tell you why I and few others would ever want to actually play on those maps.
2008, 06, 26 08:21
ptar
illsid, no it doesn't make sense :)
I got excatly 20 maps with 492 comments. That is an average of 24,6. So i should be first ?!?
2008, 06, 26 10:20
spinesheath
>> and sorry if this was in on of greif's long-winded posts... i dont read his posts...

God, that's great :D

Grief, how about dropping the "I am infallible"-attiude? Otherwise you'll be seeing more and more "tl;dr" as you keep on posting pages of trash.

Btw, just because YOU can't imagine something could be interesting and stupid at the same time, it doesn't mean there is nothing like that. There is more in this world than one's mind can grasp, even yours.
2008, 06, 26 10:31
ProTosS4EveR
LOL I HAVE 30 COMMENTS/MAPS?? how?
2008, 06, 26 12:21
Grief_Stricken
@spinesheath - with such comments like your last one you glide on a very dubious track;somewhere in the dungeons by the blinds!your choice.pointing out brainless comments and freaking out about them is a very crude behaviour.not to mention that since your first reply vs. my comment you barely touched the actual theme of this thread.so much about trash & atittudes.

@nmjoo - i remember i named counter-examples vs. "the so interessting maps with new standards" or not? what you or other guys prefer to play it's your own business.but when we start a discussion about the basic priciples of mapping you cannot classify old maps = bad & new maps = good.that spares any reason.and only because "the reversed" allow a better symmetry? this fact never ensured alone a better balance!if you are honest you will agree that we saw in the past alot more interessting games on azalea/luna/gaia etc. than on the new maps.what is played today is what the "new standard maps" deliever;chesse - macro! ugh! and nearly all the fucking maps support this shit.no alternatives far & wide in leagues!even on bwmn it's the main trend by now!

from time to time some guy means - "hey,we are better than mapdori or some other korean mapping community!" bullshit!! we made and encourage the same crap! i'm sick & tired to see all these loki clones by now,again & again! or something like"well,pro's play these days such maps".honestly,i give a shit about what a player wants.so long i know the concept is original/interessting & well-balanced.most pro's whining after the first loose on a new map - and call it imba.but this is not necessary the truth.and the most of them will find anyway sooner or later a way to adapt.the most of us know how imba lt is,if you analyze it meticulous.but they play it in leagues for so many years(even today you can find it in some)and no one complains like blazes.no one says we have to return to lt standards, but if we don't start to think about alternative concepts,the entire work which the most people here on bwmn doing would be just wasted time.they would make maps for themselves! and the noobs,anyway.because most of them try to copy existent maps.

nmjoo,if i remember right,we have in the past a thread where we posted our favourite maps - in case you are curious about maps that i consider worth to be played
2008, 06, 28 00:17
ptar
OMFG!!! You want someone to read this???
2008, 06, 28 00:59
Nightmarjoo
I never said old maps = bad new maps = good, there are tons of great old maps and tons of bad new maps, but I'd say that for the most part the best newer maps are at the very least better executed than the best of the older maps, which would all need updates to have "solid gameplay".
2008, 06, 28 02:24
spinesheath
Grief, do YOU atually have an IDEA what this thread is about?
You say I am off-topic, but since this thread is JUST about how many maps everyone has on bwmn I doubt you are anywhere near on-topic.

Besides, I am not freaking out. In fact I am very amused to see how you always manage to pull off pages of completely unrelated, extremely boring to read and horribly repetitive texts.
Stop it already; we all know what your post is about even without reading it.

Well, to be fair, I read your post just to be sure. Guess I really can skip that next time, though.
2008, 06, 28 09:45
Johnny B.Goode
Perhaps you should stop to spam this thread pal,if you don't have anything contructive to say to the actual discussion.You reveal yourself as a Grief hater.Now we know it,thanks.

I agree with Grief.It is not important how many maps someone made,only the quality of them matters.And I agree also that only over new concepts the site have a future.Presently there are alot of maps here with a strong korean flavor in design.Sry,but it true
2008, 06, 28 17:54
Nightmarjoo
Off-topic thread is off-topic. And now censored, if you want to continue that flame discussion, please make a different thread.

Final word to Johnny B. Goode, it's unfair for you to call spines a Grief hater for simply responding when spoken to, a fair debate lets both say their side, and telling someone they're off-topic is hardly hateful.

There'll be no more discussion on this in this thread, feel free to make a new one however.

Starparty still has a LOT of maps, and he's only made a small handful in the last year or two lol.
2008, 06, 28 20:33
NastyMarine
lol i must have missed quite an arguement. what about starparty?
2008, 06, 28 23:22
Nightmarjoo
Only I mentioned Starparty, I was just expressing my amusement that he still has more maps than a lot of mappers here lol.
2008, 06, 29 06:03
page: 1 2

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (4)Gods of Egypt ..
Newest updates:
  (2)Odd-Eye 4.2
  (4)Maw of the Dee..
  (4)Diamondback 1.1
  (4)Aquamarine 1.01
  (8)19977383763838..