Map DB
ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - feedback
cosmi
page: 1 2
Cosmi is willing to help improve the homepage with his 1337 programming skills. So if you have some suggestions for new features or just bugfixes, discuss it here, maybe he'll be able to do them, even though my source code is horrible.

I start with my first wish:
Some Forum-codes like [B], [QUOTE], etc and some smilies would be sweet:)
2006, 08, 18 00:17
Just some ideas:

- editable comments everywhere
- option to remove/edit GMCs
- a "no change" option for tileset/map type @ edit map
- head admin rights for spinesheath

*shhhh* - don't tell anyone :D
2006, 08, 18 00:26
admin rights can be done by any admin, there are a lot of them already.

If you are willing to do a newspost or a competition from time to time, why not.
2006, 08, 18 00:41
First I will make two things:
1. smilies & forum-code or how would you like to call it
2. reorganize the directory structure of maps so that it would be a) safer; b) more ordered; c) easier to administrate

Unfortunately 2. could cause dead links pointing directly to a map/image file. Would it be a big problem? What do you think?

>- a "no change" option for tileset/map type @ edit map

will be done soon :-)

And by the way - should forum-code and/or smilies be applied also to pre-code comments?
2006, 08, 18 01:39
cool, thanks for the help cosmi! what do you mean pre-code comments?
2006, 08, 18 07:19
I hate smileys, ascii is better; the smileys wouldn't automatically replace the ascii would they?
2006, 08, 18 07:25
I wonder what "pre-code" is supposed to mean, too.

I think it is obvious that they should get stored in the tables the same way they are now, only displayed differently. That is probably not what you mean though :O
2006, 08, 18 09:02
pre-code comments = pre-forum-code comments = old comments:-).

panschk[FP] - no, I won't change anything in database structure. I figured it out how to do it without this.

Nightmarjoo - ok, they won't:).
2006, 08, 18 13:47
I would call it BB-code as usual ;)

Oh, and no thanks, Panschk, I wouldn't make any good use of admin rights, so you better not give me any ;)
modified by spinesheath
2006, 08, 18 15:34
I've made 2/3 of new, safe, better etc. upload/edit php files, but I am running short of coding power today, so I will probably finish it on Sunday (no-change option is already done, but I haven't uploaded it, I will upload everything at once).
2006, 08, 18 16:28
(he is pretty fast... I should continue work on my map editor someday... - uh no, no terrain editing)
2006, 08, 18 19:02
cosmi, could u make it so that u can click on the names of the mappers on the motw canidate list to see other maps by that mapper?
2006, 08, 18 21:00
suggestion for optional smilies: There could be an extra column in the players table with "showsmilies" true/false, so depending on that setting the smilies would get displayed or not. So nightmarjoo would not have to see them, while I would :)
2006, 08, 18 22:18
gosu idea:

can u make an automated message to remind members to vote for motw?
2006, 08, 19 20:29
how is that supposed to work?
2006, 08, 20 17:29
Unfortunately, I've got a call that my father found people who will renovate my flat (it's kinda hard in Poland since our joining to the EU as everybody emigrate for work... you have usually wait like a month for somebody to lay tiles in your bathroom), so I am going to move out tommorow (I am suprised more than you:P) and I will not be able to continue this for a longer time.

I've made the system I have written about, but I can't test deeper it on my system (it's windows and it doesn't work;-) ). I will not be able to debug in the near future if it fails, so I decided only to do the >>"no change" option for tileset/map type @ edit map<<. It's done and there's no way it could not work.

When I move in again I could possibly have time to do some other things, but not until the september ends...

Sorry for letting you down.
2006, 08, 20 19:00
It's okay, I think all those features can wait. Still thank you for your work.
2006, 08, 20 19:59
Well, it's not like you have been payed for doing this, so there is no problem. At least imo ;)

Heh, that's interesting. I'm from Germany, and I know that many people from eastern Europe come here for work. But I didn't know that this results in a lack of workers in Poland... (btw, is it true that people from even further east come to poland for work?)
In that case, it's pretty obvious why we have a high unemployment rate - the work is waiting in Poland Oo
On the other hand the Polish workers do the work that most people in Germany don't want to do...

Oh well... I hope it will get better once the living standards equalize...
2006, 08, 20 20:02
>Oh well... I hope it will get better once the living standards equalize...

You mean like 2030?^^ I personally can't complain for my living standards.

It's not only the emigration but also there's a boom for real estates. The prices are rising often like 20-40% per year. It's like this because you can easily get a loan, tourism is fast growing and old land development plans (pre-1989) for big cities have been invalidated and it's hard to get a permit to build - in my city Krakow (population 800`000) there won't be any blocks of flat finished until the last months of 2007.
Although I can't complain, I've got my own flat:-).

And no, there's not much people from east coming to Poland for work, maybe some Ukrainian people to work in agriculture, but only in the very eastern parts of the country.
2006, 08, 20 21:06
Yep, something like 2030 :)
2006, 08, 20 23:11
I've let myself setting two last MotWs:-).
2006, 09, 06 17:25
page: 1 2

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (8) Mesmerize
Newest updates:
  (2)Dusk_0.60
  (4)Blustercrux_0.60
  (4)Daedalus_0.60
  (4)Aquamarine_0.60
  (2v6)Rich vs Lean