ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - main
So about these new pro maps...
page: 1
http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=100790

Anyone else underwhelmed by them? I mean a lot of them seem very boring, every one of them has decoration that's 10 steps behind Test/Cracky, and some are just totally dumb.

I don't know, maybe it's just me or the mood I'm in, but I'm not really too excited about any of them.
2009, 08, 28 21:32
welcome to foreign map making. :P
2009, 08, 28 23:04
I really like silver sky, tornado, road runner, and asgard. Matchpoint is ok, Acro is conceptually interesting but seems poorly made. Silversky and Asgard seem like they're just great.

Road Runner has wasted space and poor decoration, but looks fun atleast

Moon Glaive has a lot of wasted space which makes the map smaller than it ought to be, making small issues in it more likely to matter.

Judgement Day is the worst promap I've ever seen relative to current mapping standards. It's just a fucking mess. With some rotational symmetry it could be better, I just hate what they've done with it. It'll make for a neat 2v2 map on iccup though...

Tornado could use an ovy spot and some better decoration, but otherwise I like it a lot.

As long as they replace Heartbreak Ridge I'm happy. Fuck that map. In the ear. Twice.
2009, 08, 29 02:48
I've tried Moon Glaive PvZ. It's a pretty fun map to play on.
2009, 08, 29 13:28
eyy heartbreak ridge is pretty. but I understand. It seems imbalanced to zvp. P FE is like not happening with ling harass from front and backdoor
2009, 09, 02 01:16
lol what? Heartbreak Ridge has been a pro map for quite some time now, and denying p fe in zvp has hardly ever been a problem. Did you watch any pro VODs?
2009, 09, 02 10:51
I like Silverwing/Warrior's spirit/soul warrior whatever teh fuck it's translated to.
2009, 10, 11 17:40
Recently they called it fighting spirit, iirc. Which I don't like at all, because it's the name of a music track from tales of phantasia (either "fighting spirit" or "fighting of the spirit", since the former can be misunderstood), and the map is nowhere as awesome as that music.
2009, 10, 11 19:33
page: 1

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (3)March of Time
Newest updates:
  (4)Maw of the Dee..
  (4)Diamondback 1.1
  (4)Aquamarine 1.01
  (8)19977383763838..
  (2)Dusk_0.60