Map DB
ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum - main
Give Me Ideas!
page: 1 2
So i have been trying to make a few new maps and havent really liked anything i've completed. So what I wanna kno does anyone even want to see a new map from me? Cuz I want new ideas for maps!

Give me some mapping ideas. either a small screenshot of an idea on the editor or explain it here.

GOGOGO
2008, 05, 31 06:55
Hey what about that ice map you showed me forever ago? It had like, a big high compound middle or something. That's all I remember, but I remember I thought it was interesting =/

You could invert a map.

You could make another fantasy-esque map.

You could pimp an old map from the site. There are tons of maps with worth-while concepts which the author couldn't execute very well for whatever reason.

You could take a stab at some of Testbug's Starleague map competition things and see how you approached the theme differently.
2008, 05, 31 07:43
Pimp one of my old maps. *cough* Kylma *cough*
2008, 05, 31 19:53
Pimp my concept of my last badland map or the map itself lol I don't feel like finishing it.
modified by trcc
2008, 06, 01 07:24
Photobucket

I'm not really in the mood of making melee maps myself currently, and especially no 2 player maps.
If you want to use this, do it. Change as much as you want, no need for credit either.
2008, 06, 04 12:27
the high ground have boobs.
2008, 06, 04 14:33
Ugly ones, at that.
2008, 06, 04 16:15
lol, this looks like a perfect map for me xD
So if Nasty doesn't like it i gonna do it ^^
2008, 06, 04 20:32
Of course it's perfect. It's MY concept! :p

Btw make sure that there is a preferred central path for early scouting which is the same regardless from which main you start.
modified by spinesheath
2008, 06, 04 20:41
Using extended terrain, that concept could be super sex.
2008, 06, 05 05:16
I'm going to use that spines
2008, 06, 06 12:01
Good luck with it :)
2008, 06, 06 15:07
Done
2008, 06, 07 05:04
How about we use this forum to throw some ideas around for all of us. I'm gonna start mapping again once I get my pc back in april. So lets share some ideas.

Bring some activity back to bwmn
modified by NastyMarine
2009, 03, 27 07:45
Yeah bwm definitely needs an activity boost. I wake up, post a couple times, come back before I go to bed and find that no one posted after me :(

I'll think of some ideas.
2009, 03, 27 11:51
Well, one idea me and Starparty were thinking about involved strategies on how to try to make more 1base oriented maps. One solution involved a concept where the mains were cliffable by an island expo which had a neutral creep colony on it. The main was fairly small, so you could use it but would have to use your nat for space later on. The nat was pretty big.

That's all I remember of the idea. You could work with ideas further involving cliffable mains but safe nats, I always liked stuff like that but never finished anything for it. You could work with a variety of chokes which are tightened by neutrals and stacked 0-value mineral blocks. You could use that mineral block idea a lot more than just on a back-door for some potentially interesting results. Like have "island expos" you can mine the walls away from or something, or have seperate paths blocked by mineral walls.

I tried very badly in (2)Iuppiter to experiment with an idea on a 128x128 2 player map, by making a large section of the map a series of islands, or you could make it one big self-sustaining island like in (2)Colonization, or atleast a large island like in flo's (2)InChains which I really liked, or semi-island or island able-to-be-connected-to-the-main-land.

The thing with a map like that is it gives the fun of island maps without forcing it on the players but rewarding those who can use it, makes for interesting lategame stuff, and gives you more space to use up in the normal (2)map part of the map. It's easy to say 128x128 is too big for a 2 player map, but a 128x96 map isn't necessarily big enough for everything you might want, or shapely is awkward, while using a 128x128 normally results either in wasted space or in things being too far spread out, so perhaps this could alleviate both of those issues.

A functional non-lt-clone (5)map might be cool. Or a map like Testbug's (7)Seven Sins.
2009, 03, 27 13:51
getting my pc back today!!!
2009, 04, 10 17:55
this is my idea for a 96x96map with a egg wall.
You can't scout your opponent, interesting for random players

black = ramps
modified by ProTosS4EveR
2009, 04, 11 00:02
Well in the above map, zergs ovy will scout the other base in a few seconds, terran can lift a rax allowing him to scout as well

Meanwhile, protoss will be less favored by this concept imo?
modified by trcc
2009, 04, 11 03:00
ah forgot the lifted building :(
2009, 04, 11 10:05
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f126/MCRXxHelenaxXRCM/Mapconceptz.jpg
1 = mains
2 = nats
3 = expo
4 = min only
Corners, mains are high ground, everything else is low. Not sure how to do the bridge from low to high coming out of the nat but I figure you could do a ramp instead.

I figured it would make a cool 4p XY map. :)
modified by Excalibur
modified by Excalibur
modified by Excalibur
2009, 04, 14 06:36
page: 1 2

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (2)Ascension
Newest updates:
  (2)Dusk_0.60
  (4)Blustercrux_0.60