|Back to "beta" maps. Show all maps.|
Last update for (2)Dammit : 2010, 01, 26 14:47
|mapID||Mapname (comments)||map size||Author||Rating||Type||play type|
|4007|| (2)Dammit|| 128*96||Faceroll||0.1||beta||ground|
The map has been rated 52 times and got a total of 5 points
You can rate the map here. Chose a grade between 10 (best) and 0 (worst).
|Larger image: http://i45.tinypic.com/qn92qq.jpg|
Dammit is a 2-player desert map. The name comes from the single most frequent word uttered during the development process. Its key features are:
- Short main to main and natural to natural distances.
- Normal main to natural distance.
- Small natural expansions, but there is room for four missile turrets to be constructed behind the minerals. With a forge and a gateway, a Protoss player needs three probes to wall off his expansion.
- Two options for taking a third gas: drop tech or map control.
- Destroying the temples (stacked to five, 7500 HP in total) and clearing the path into your main makes the third expansion easier to hold, but leaves your main base vulnerable to attack by creating a second entry-point. While making the map I considered removing this ramp altogether (the map would play out more standard without it). What are the balance concerns with it? Should it be removed? Feedback appreciated.
- Large thirds and natural cliffs to allow for proxy tech or other cheese.
- Unbuildable, open middle field - until you have destroyed either of the sunken colonies and waited for the creep to vanish, at which point you have room for turrets and even bunkers. This was done to slow down the Terran contain, which due to the short base distance would otherwise be too easy to set up.
- 9 mineral patches and 1 gas in the mains, 7 mineral patches and 1 gas in all expansions save for the mineral only ones.
Pathing has been a problem when testing this map. I believe I have gotten all but one of the temple-blocked ramps to stop bugging, but the one in the 3 o'clock main keeps behaving problematic. When clicking from the main at 3 to the one at 9 (for example, for early game scouting) the worker attempts to take the path south and gets stuck moving back and forth along the ledge.
Is this because of the ramp not being entirely blocked by the temple? I have tried using Xel'Naga temples as well, with the same result. Is this a known issue, and is there a fix available?
This map is still in its beta stage and will be submitted to the ongoing TL contest when finished.
All feedback highly appreciated. In particular very interested in Nightmarjoo (my idol!) and what he has to say.
modified by Faceroll
|Need to use the space much more interestingly, cuz it looks like you just made a bunch of expoes and blocked ramps and chokes with neutral buildings. The short nat-to-nat distance may provide terran with an advantage when they push, but its a pretty big and flankable middle, which should even things out a bit.|
Currently, the map is pretty boring, and it just seems like a nuisance to anyone trying to expand to the other expoes because of the neutral buildings.
Upload replay for this map
Add your comment:
Because of heavy spam on the map comments, it is needed to be logged in to post. We are sorry that this has to be done because nothing else stops spam bots