|could this have been a 2v2v2 previously?|
Is that beacon a compass for overlords to know the opponents spawn?
|No this is intended as a 1v1 map from the start, but it's obviously hypersymmetrical...|
Yes, beacons are for air scouts like overlords or floating rax to find the right base quickly.
Neat little detail: This map uses exclusively fast gas positions at all expos.
I miss broodwar :(
Very nice map btw
- added those 3rd spawn infestable CCs from Urban Warfare Tactics, because I think it fits in really well with this map (gives another little edge to Zerg)...
|Excelent! Whats the cc 4?|
|Zerg can infest it...|
|But what it do? whats it 4?|
|You can start heavy bombing runs on your enemy?! |
You know, Infested Terrans, little fellas, make neat little fireworks, blow stuff up...
EDIT: Okay, for a more extensive and serious explanation how exactly this works (which is probably what you really wanted to know):
Detailed how to do:
- enable debug/unit collision sizes.
- place CC on all SLs.
- disable buildings snap to tile option.
- place another CC next to each Starting locations, so that the collision boxes of the CCs overlap by exactly one pixel on any side.
- place neutral unit sprite CC exactly on top of the second CC.
- delete all CCs (except for the unit sprite ones)
This is exactly the amount of overlap needed to ensure all of the following properties:
- If a player spawns at that SL, the CC will be removed at game start (so in effect, only the one free spawn will have an infestable CC in-game).
- The removal of the CC will not cause any building stack bug (the bug where one can build on top of one's town hall)
- the CC does not block the building of a town hall (not even a CC, despite the collision box overlap!) at that spawn.
modified by Freakling
I actually really like this one, might use it for some inspired sc2 map, Il share it if I do oc!
modified by sTY_leZerG-eX
|Update: Version 1.03|
- changed the low ground section (added Xel'Naga-blocked breaches)
This version is used in the 8-player Random vs Random invitational.
|oo wow wasnt expecting that. A monumental change for the gameplay.|
|"Monumental" is probably overstating it, but I am a bit afraid that terran mech could become too strong with this. But Artanis prefered this version over the original. I am looking forward to the tourney to find out :D|
|If there is a youtube link or twitch or something do share it, so we can see it in action :D|
|did u consider the option of mineral walls?|
|I don't think any kind of mineral wall would have been practical here.|
I am pretty sure there will be VODs available, but the tourney hasn't been run yet, so there is nothing to be seen yet.
modified by Freakling
|Updated obs version to fix a bug with the forces settings where players would start out as allied.|