ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum -
Avaton Maps, Times, etc.
page: 1 2 3 4 5
ptar
I consider Lost Soul for the competition.
2007, 11, 12 20:00
lnept
neither silver flush nor moon tear would play well. No i havent played them. yes I know from experience
2007, 11, 13 22:13
NastyMarine
I actually watched some really nice replays on moon tear. lnept what did you find wrong with it? or just unentertaining? Silver flush has a great concept but the map is just way too disoriented. the middle layout is awesome but the surrounding area is just way too choatic.
2007, 11, 13 23:00
lnept
propose a way in which to win PvT on that map. Any person that isnt a robot and simply adapts to the map will realize that their first 3 bases as terran cannot even be harmed(easy and highground to boot!) then, the middle is extremely tight and there is no way to get around an opening point. by the time they have their 4th base they are at your door.
2007, 11, 14 01:07
lnept
i would have to do like my DT/Reaver drop or somethin lol
2007, 11, 14 01:08
NastyMarine
umm i hope u werent serious with the middle being tight LOL

And protoss can take advantage of the 3 expos just as easily. If anything, it would hurt ZvT, giving T an advantage.
2007, 11, 14 01:31
Lancet
"Silver flush has a great concept but the map is just way too disoriented. the middle layout is awesome but the surrounding area is just way too choatic."

Silver Flush is not chaotic, it is a "thinking player's map". You just can't play it cold turkey, you need to learn the map and need to plan a strategy before you play the map (what all gosu players do anyway). What makes it interesting is not the middle but the surrounding area. If Starcraft were chess Silver Flush would be clasified as "hypermodern".

But that is just my opinion and it is your call after all.
2007, 11, 14 02:42
lnept
maybe you havent looked at the map? there is no way to get behind a terran's push. the middle is L-I-N-E-A-R aka T-I-G-H-T
2007, 11, 14 05:40
NastyMarine
L-O-L .. I really dont know what you are talking about. Linear doesnt not correlate to being tight. And it definently isn't tight AT ALL. Maybe your right about being 'linear' but that means python is linear as well. and if that is linear, then according to u, then its tight. i dont know what the fuck u are talking about.
2007, 11, 14 06:51
NastyMarine
and maybe then you havent watched or maybe even played the map if you really feel think that its tight lmfao
modified by NastyMarine
2007, 11, 14 06:52
lnept
w/e tired of ppl arguing for the sake of arguing when they dont even play all the races and they think maps are good
2007, 11, 14 17:02
NastyMarine
lol. dude i dont need to play good to understand the game. not to mention, I can watch replays of better players than you and hear them say that they like the maps. I am not discrediting you, but I strongly disagree. Your claims have not been backed up.. and niether have you ever submitted reps to prove most of your claims anyway.
2007, 11, 14 20:24
lnept
pretty much just common sense, ask an intelligent player like testie what he thinks, not some robotic nerd that plays too much and will say anything is good
2007, 11, 14 21:16
Nightmarjoo
MoonTear > silverflush ez

Lancet, I already analyzed silver flush and explained why its gameplay sucks, and the better mappers/players of the site more or less agreed (or didn't disagree atleast). Only the people who don't know what they're talking about disagreed.

lnept is usually right, also.
But I'd disagree with his view on MoonTear. I think pvt is fine. The map has a lot going for the mobile race by being open and spread. You have nat and backdoor sure, but it's not gas heavy. Plenty of flank room in middle. One thing that helps t is that his tanks will ez the xel naga much faster than others, but they can take a main or island ._. I think MoonTear offers a wide variety of macro-oriented gameplay styles and is strategically fairly diverse. Perhaps the mains could be made larger to help gameplay.

Silverflush is definitely linear and tight...
2007, 11, 15 05:06
Lancet
Yes Nightmarjoo, that is your opinion but I can't agree with it, I just found the replays in Silver Flush very exciting, that's all. I will not ignore this feeling just to pretend I am a better mapper. All however is moot as Nasty makes the calls and he doesn't like it.

: ^ (
2007, 11, 15 06:07
lnept
oh yea i wasnt saying silver flush was better then moon tears by any means. that is just bleh. mineral only nat on a map that clearly cannot go with it and an expo layout that is wtf? with the setup.
2007, 11, 15 23:18
Lancet
OK so not Flush, how about Sound Barrier?
2007, 11, 17 02:32
lnept
yeah that map is pretty good
2007, 11, 17 16:37
LGI
Damn it! I slept the whole tournament... Sorry too much marijuana...
2007, 11, 17 16:45
LGI
Btw, i think we can make a whole BWMN map pack for this tournament, if you include maps like:

(4)Sattarchasm
(4)Comet
(4)Memory Cell
(4)Nazca

And others, who were chosen as league maps somewhere in PGT, WGT and so on...
2007, 11, 17 16:47
page: 1 2 3 4 5

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (4)Mesopotamia
Newest updates:
  (3)Downtown 0.84
  (3)A-Team 0.81
  (3)Endgame 0.66
  (2)Odd-Eye 4.2b
  (4)Diamondback 1.1b