ICCup
Map Access
New map
Edit map

Forum -
Avaton Maps, Times, etc.
page: 1 2 3 4 5
Nightmarjoo
The maps earned the place by getting many votes and placing top 3 in motm.
2008, 05, 13 19:26
ptar
http://www.panschk.de/mappage/competition/showcomp.php?compid=119

Morris PLains 34 votes

LOL!!!
modified by ptar
2008, 05, 13 19:31
NastyMarine
o what avaton isnt good enuff now? wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
2008, 05, 13 21:01
ptar
As everyone can see, Morris got 34 votes in Motm 08.2007 and placed 3rd. So there are not only a few people who like it.
I like the maps and every Avaton, wich is hosted. I don't care wich maps are used as long as they don't totaly suck (wich Morris Plains doesn't do). It's just good that there are some good players who play custom melee maps. 8[
2008, 05, 13 21:09
NastyMarine
Joel is acting like everymap i put in is my map. You guys KNOW that I am for every mapper here and just because I use my map doesnt mean I've stopped caring about the other mappers OR w.e. u want to believe. I choose maps based totally different than Joel period. We've never totally agreed on maps 100% so I'm not surprised he gets angry at using my map in the mappool. I dont need to explain every single decision when I'm doing my job in the first place ok. Just guys remember that I'm not trying to bulgart you guys by using my own map.
2008, 05, 13 21:14
Nightmarjoo
ptar I looked at that competition and it only recieved 26, not 34, and out of 26 votes the map recieved, I personally gave it 17 of those ROFL, check who voted -_-

My concern about the mappool being 100% new to the players is still valid imo and unaddressed, thoughts?

I don't dislike Morris Plains, and normally wouldn't have said anything, I just felt it was wrong to throw the map in to replace nazca on a whim when the tournament hasn't even been active, despite its original intention to complement motm by obtaining replays by players on the maps to ensure the maps were good and give physical evidence as such. Luckily, a more active voter and tester base at bwm has arisen. Since the people at bwm usually make a huge stink out of non-democratic decisions, I pointed this out, but they don't care apparently so I shan't care. Not like I get to play in the tournament anyway, since it's timed for europeans.

Also, what about compulsory replays? I don't understand why you can't implement it, it helps us and the quality and credibility of the tournament.
2008, 05, 13 21:29
NastyMarine
I cant because there are too many players and not enough event managers always on duty to uphold that type of rule. I might be able to suggest a new idea to the Templars
2008, 05, 13 23:09
Nightmarjoo
I see. I dunno, I thought you could do it like wgt where basically there is no winner until someone uploads the replays onto the site.
2008, 05, 13 23:19
NastyMarine
No but i'm going to talk to the crew about implementing that for our events
2008, 05, 13 23:24
NastyMarine
And again, just to clear it up, Nazca was in Avaton 10 times - its time to move on.
2008, 05, 13 23:26
Nightmarjoo
that's what she said :(
2008, 05, 13 23:27
page: 1 2 3 4 5

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (4)FeedSomebodySS..
Newest updates:
  (3)Downtown 0.84
  (3)A-Team 0.81