thx nasty, this is great! :)

unluckily i am not here this friday but i wish all who can participate the best
2008, 05, 12 23:13
NastyMarine
np. keep making awesome maps
2008, 05, 13 00:22
Nightmarjoo
ROFL

I hate to sound the hypocrite, but don't you think it's a bit presumptuous to remove the fairly successful map nazca, and throw in the fairly unsuccessful map, which just so happens to be made by you, Nastymarine? Sorry but, I'm not sure that decision represents bwm as a site at all, and simply represents NastyMarine. Don't you think you've thrown your maps into gg.net enough yet?

As for Prophecy and Tepolzan, they are decent choices imo. Just make sure you explain the map properly, so that players don't freak out like they did on Angband 3600 ft. 1.1. See my motm newspost for an in-depth analysis and explanation.
2008, 05, 13 02:18
NastyMarine
you can say what u want joel. we've seen a lot of nazca already and Morris Plains, no matter how u feel about it, plays extremely well and it has gotten great feedback. dont make me out to be a dickhead
2008, 05, 13 03:36
Nightmarjoo
Yeah, great feedback. Three replays, niiiiiiiice. Nazca was loved by most people at bwm, and made it into wgt and iccup, before its presence in Avaton I believe. What's Morris Plains done?
2008, 05, 13 05:01
NastyMarine
I dont need BWMN to tell me what maps I feel have good gameplay/playability.

The MAIN REASON i took Nazca out was simple: There are new pro maps that can replace the ones we were using and I thought it was time (after TEN tournies of use) that Nazca has become an older map and IS KNOWN now out of all amateur maps. Its time that a new map stepped into the lime light. I'm sorry if I wanted a map of mine that hasn't gotten bad feedback from the ppl who play it . The 20 ppl that comment on maps here does not represent the community who DOES LIKE THE MAP.

Rest asured, if I hear too many bad things about the map I will take it out. BUT IT HASNT THUS FAR SO I WILL PERSUE ITS USE.
2008, 05, 13 05:20
Nightmarjoo
Usually when you don't want to sound like an idiot you try spelling words correctly and not using mass caps.

It's unfair that just because you're the tournament's host you get whatever map you want in, despite the 3450930945 other eligible maps on the site which haven't been exposed to the community. The whole point of using Nazca was that it had been known to the community, so people could play on a "new" or "interesting" map which helped us and wasn't too radical for them.

I wouldn't complain if the Avatons were held more regularly, or if we got more than three replays each time. I don't see why it's such a hassle to make replay reporting mandatory by the winners. Wgtcl and iccl/iccup tournaments both require that, and no one makes a fuss about it.

In the past you put Undying Lands into Carrier/Avaton when few people outside of yourself liked it. This was easily overlookable since it was cool just to have bwm representation in any tournament, but Avaton hasn't been doing so well so something like that is far more noticeable. I fail to see the justification in putting it in anyway, outside of it's your map.

You already got Morris Plains into Avaton, because you wanted replays on it. Again, this was overlookable, but the map had its chance and outside of you saying the map got a lot of good feedback, I've yet to see any of that.

To replace Nazca, I think I'd place Shine in, which is fairly known to the community through iccup. Using an unknown map to replace a known map is just silly. Point of Avaton was to have a mixture of current proleague maps and ones people were already comfortable with, nazca (a map they knew but was still newish to them), and two brand new maps, often motm candidates which recieved many votes and had the attention of bwm. This Avaton has imo too many new maps. The players won't be comfortable on a single map, they're all new. That's ridiculous when the whole point behind Avaton was to attract players by having it mostly familiar to them.
2008, 05, 13 07:51
NastyMarine
You have such a misconstrewed perception of my doings. You really have everything to say about what you feel is relevent. HOW MANY MAPPERS HAVE HAD A MAP IN AVATON THAT EARNED IT? ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL. I'm not trying to be full of myself or anything but why is it so bad that I kept my map in there? Yet you try to fight the arguement as if there was one. How about stop argueing for WHO? And make a map for yourself to make it into Avaton. I NEVER LIKED ANGBANGWATEVER 3000ft but I never made that a basis to keep it out of Avaton. So quit acting like I'm not giving mappers a chance in Avaton! OK? I select maps in the pool who've earned it. Morris has proved its worth OR ELSE we would have seen complaints of the map in the tournament. So quit your bitching and man up. I've heard plenty of complaints about other maps and yes I could have selected A TESTBUG MAP WHO HAS MORE MOTMS AND AVATON MAPS THEN PPL SMOKING CIGARETTES BUT I DECIDED TO START ADDING OTHER MAPPERS INTO THE POOL. I PLAN TO ADD MANY MORE OTHER MAPPERS ONTO THE LIST WITH THE RIGHT MAPS.
2008, 05, 13 10:47
flothefreak
whoever invests so much time and effort in a tourney HAS of course the right to add his own maps to it. that is only fair. that would even count if his maps were bad. which they arent. nasty is working a lot for this, so he should definetly get something out of it, and not only be the guy who is doing it for everyone else without getting rewarded. what you are trying to do, nighty, is establishing a "everybody the same, no matter how much he is doing"-concept, but we dont have to do this, commie!
2008, 05, 13 10:56
flothefreak
oh, and i am sure nasty would love to see someone making YET ANOTHER, additional tourney! so feel free to make an all-equal-maps-thing, that way we can have not only both (avaton AND all maps equally involved), but you could settle your arguments with nasty as well, and we would get twice the maps to be played and have replays on them.
2008, 05, 13 10:58
NastyMarine
flo i didnt quite follow that comment? :P
2008, 05, 13 11:04
LostTampon
as flo clearly said
2008, 05, 13 13:44
page: 1 2 3 4 5

Reply:

You have to be logged in to post
random map
  (3)Chaos Squadron