|Back to "beta" maps. Show all maps.|
Last update for (2)Grit : 2006, 01, 04 15:48
|mapID||Mapname (comments)||map size||Author||Rating||Type||play type|
|822|| (2)Grit|| 64*64||f46||0.1||beta|
The map has been rated 47 times and got a total of 6 points
You can rate the map here. Chose a grade between 10 (best) and 0 (worst).
|This map is sort of an alternative to Bloodbath.|
It's not really made for tournies, but it's super fun to play.
|where do you build?|
|You can built very-early-game structures in the main (early tech, a few facts), but the rest have to be built outside.|
|Let me list a few things you can improve.|
1. The cliff is too small. it can be blocked by one or two zealots, a depot, a barracks and what not.
2. Little to no room to build buildings.
3. bad minerals/gas placement. Try not to place the geyser in the middle of the minerals. It's very annoying.
4. What are the 3 mineral patches spots for at the bottom? It's not enough to expand for, and I doubt that on a map like this it'll get used at all.
5. Terran has a big advantage on this map. Small choke, expand in base with gas, and he can liftoff his buildings to save space. Protoss on the other hand has a large disadvantage due to this.
The map is too small for what you've intended for. You either have to remove the in-main expansion, or you have to rebuild the entire map on a 96x96 map. I hope that this has given you something to think about/work on.
|I realize this map isn't truly balanced.|
It isn't made as a replacement for Lost Temple, it's more for quick, hectic games (like Blood Bath). Come to think of it, I probably should widen the cliff-path to keep it from being too easy to turtle-up and expand.
The gas is placed there to make sure it mines at the exact same speed for both sides. With only 3 minerals on either side of the gas, it isn't as annoying as it is on the older versions of Valhalla.
The expands are tiny
because minerals will be at a premium on this map (like on Blood Bath).
|make the elevated walkway into the base bigger. you can slide it down a little. i like the design|
Upload replay for this map
Add your comment:
Because of heavy spam on the map comments, it is needed to be logged in to post. We are sorry that this has to be done because nothing else stops spam bots